Hey everybody, im new here i joined about 2 days ago

Hello everyone, im new to stangnet, i joined about 2 days ago. Im only 17, but I take excellent care of my pony, unlike other people I know where I live my age. I have a Vibrant Red 1994 GT I got as an award from my parents for becoming an Eagle Scout. We bought it off a guy who needed to sell it to pay off some debt, and he kept it garaged all the time, its in showroom condition. I know of a few mods the man had done to it such as: 3.55 gears, Hurst shifter, 14* timing, K&N filtercharger, 180* Thermostat, bored out air intake, MAC ceramic headers, Flowmaster 3-chamber mufflers, thats about all on the tech side. It also has the bullitt wheels on Eagle F1 tires and 5.0 emblems on the fenders. for my first mods I was thinking about a BBK CAI, 70mm throttle body and a Pro-M 75mm Mass Air Flow meter. Then eventually after I got the money a Bassani Cat X-pipe? what do you guys think? I will post some pics after I figure out how.

• Sponsors (?)

First off, welcome to the board.

The throttle body wouldn't be that much of a help yet, but you have the right idea on size. Save up a little more money and buy either a Pro-M 77mm or 80mm. You ask yourself, "why so much more for 2 or 5 more millimeters?" It makes a HUGE difference. I don't think the 75mm is worth the money over the stock piece, but that's just my opinion.

There are tons of very knowledgeable people on here. Just make sure you search and research all things before you choose them. Make sure all parts will work together well. It's not in the parts, it's in the combination of those parts.

Joe

Welcome.

Advice to you: RESEARCH.

Search these forums like its your job...you will learn, learn, and learn some more. Ask questions...check out others combo's that are sucessful etc...you will learn from all.

As for your first question...the Bassani Cat X-pipe would be a good choice if you want to stay emissions legal. There are cheaper options but nobody will contradict the fact that Bassani makes quality stuff.

Most all will say Gears (which you have), exhaust (you are working on), and underdrive pullies are your biggest bang for the buck mods you should do first as bolt-ons.

Sup dude and Welcome to the boards. :nice:

Sounds like you picked up a nice modded Stang. CAI like said already is more bling than added hp. Your car already has all of the basic mods for hp except like pullies and O/R H pipe. Suspension would be a great place to put $$ at.

Here's a GOSH DARN DIDDLY BIG HEARTY WELCOME to you. :stupid: I'm with him, do some massive research across the boards, it will help you out big time. I remember when i first joined about 5 months ago. I learned a great deal about the entire car and mods by reading previous posts and searching. It's a great way to expand you knowledge. Sounds like a beautiful car, I just got my GT as well. Us 17 year olds are comin up!!!

P.S. GET SOME PICS UP! :nice:

welcome to the boards, like said earlier, don't waste money on a cai, instead get u/d pulleys.
Also, just read through some of the other forums on this website, and do research, and ask any question you need, we're here to help. :D

(i'm a 17yr old stanger too):nice: