Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

Hey @Davedacarpainter if you have time to explain tonight, figured I'd remind you. If not no big deal, whenever you get a chance I know how it is working 12+ hours and being too exhausted to type lol. But I have a couple other questions to throw in.

1. What number grits do I use
2. Block sand or orbital?
3. How to sand in small areas, like the bumper grill
4. How to fix those damaged areas
And I think that's all of my main ones
If you don’t mind a phone call, pm me your phone number. It’ll take five minutes to explain the info you are needing.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys. Can someone tell me where I went wrong with this exhaust setup. I have a 2.5 prochamber H pipe in the middle. I have flowmaster 2.5 tailpipes at the end. I recently bought SLPs with 2.5 inlet and outlet. And then to connect the slps to my midpipe I bought this lmr 2.5" flow tube kit

Where did I go wrong and what would I need to make it all fit. The slps since they have the 2.5 inlet they can fit on one end but the other end wont fit since the tailpipes or the flow tubes are the same diameter.

This from that company, that from this company. Everybody designs their stuff to fit together, throw in a muffler from there and a mid pipe from here and you have fitment issues as you have found out, at this point if you want to make it work I would take it to a muffler shop and they can tweak it together, weld it up with hangers and you are burning rubber all the way home in the same day in most cases, alternative methods would be to get some of those new band clamps and work it out that way.

This from that company, that from this company. Everybody designs their stuff to fit together, throw in a muffler from there and a mid pipe from here and you have fitment issues as you have found out, at this point if you want to make it work I would take it to a muffler shop and they can tweak it together, weld it up with hangers and you are burning rubber all the way home in the same day in most cases, alternative methods would be to get some of those new band clamps and work it out that way.

I kind of figured that the varying brands might have been an issue. At this point I might just bolt the flowmaster system I had back together and return the slps. I was hoping for a simple bolt on operation.

The issue you are having is the flow tubes and the SLP mufflers are both flared to accept the pipe on the inner diameter. This means that they are going to be the exact same size but an easy fix is to get a standard size 2 and 1/2 inch pipe that hasn't been flared and it should fit on the inside of both the muffler and the flow tubes.

Reactions: 1 user
The issue you are having is the flow tubes and the SLP mufflers are both flared to accept the pipe on the inner diameter. This means that they are going to be the exact same size but an easy fix is to get a standard size 2 and 1/2 inch pipe that hasn't been flared and it should fit on the inside of both the muffler and the flow tubes.

I'll have to look up some different flow tubes then. I just bought the only ones LMR had.

FB_IMG_1568560578326.jpg

20190915_111845.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Glad to be back guys! It's getting cold out there and the notch is going away for the winter. I recently joined a local foxbody car club and have been busy fixing little things on mine. This winter I wanted to upgrade my 302 and I've been pricing different routes out but I recently came across a facebook post and wanted to get your guys opinion on if it's a good idea or not.

I originally was only going to buy the 5 lug swap but then I asked him if he would sell me the whole car for 3000. He agreed. I figured I can take all the parts I need including the 351 and sell the shell when I'm done, including my 302. He said for 3000 hes taking the nos system.

Screenshot_20191114-192700_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-192711_Facebook.jpg

20191114_193028.jpg

Could be a pretty good depending on condition of the engine internally, you can only do so much investigating but have
it started and look for oil/coolant burning , check condition of fluids etc.
You're most likely going to be tearing down the engine anyways just to be sure, that's when you'll know if you got a good deal
or not.
Looks like some other good parts though, 5lug set-up, Tubular K, coil-overs, Megasquirt.
If it's rusted bad your not going to get much for the shell.

There's 2 grand in the intake stuff, 5 lug stuff, and microsquirt. Another grand easy in the manual trans stuff, and odds and ends. Good deal man even if the engine is hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like everyday my vision for what I want changes but I've got my mind made up. I ended up not going to see that 351 notch. The guy said he wouldnt let me test drive it before I bought it. It was also a 3 hour drive away so I said forget it. Sooo now I found this 2.1 Kenny Bell SC kit on Facebook. They guy said I'd get 350ish to the wheels on my stock 302. And I think I'd be happy with that. All I want is a quick street car. He's selling me the supercharger and intercooler for it, the whole setup plus the injectors for 2500. I'm not sure if it's a good deal. Some people tell me yes, some disagree. But I'm checking it out tomorrow.

20191117_155952.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like everyday my vision for what I want changes but I've got my mind made up. I ended up not going to see that 351 notch. The guy said he wouldnt let me test drive it before I bought it. It was also a 3 hour drive away so I said forget it. Sooo now I found this 2.1 Kenny Bell SC kit on Facebook. They guy said I'd get 350ish to the wheels on my stock 302. And I think I'd be happy with that. All I want is a quick street car. He's selling me the supercharger and intercooler for it, the whole setup plus the injectors for 2500. I'm not sure if it's a good deal. Some people tell me yes, some disagree. But I'm checking it out tomorrow.

20191117_155952.jpg
KB blower will make the car very fun... but I would do some research because from your picture it looks like a sn95 car. The sn95 kb kits don't fit because the snout on the supercharger is longer.

KB blower will make the car very fun... but I would do some research because from your picture it looks like a sn95 car. The sn95 kb kits don't fit because the snout on the supercharger is longer.

Yeah that was a concern of mine, I saw a thread talking about that. The seller said he would give me the accessories off of his sn95 to make it work on my fox.