Hey Guys, New Guy Here! a few questions..

Biznatch

Jan 2, 2005
New York
Hey Guys,

It seems like a great group of guys here, and I have been a lurker for some time. I finally decided that it is time for my mustang, and I have begun the search.

I currently have a 1993 3000GT(lots of suspension and stereo work, really clean car and I have put alot of work into it over the last 8 years) and a 2005 Mercedes Benz C230 (supercharged, 6speed, FMIC, AMG goodies, etc...) And have been a member of their forums.

Well, I have decided that it is time for the Mercedes to go. Many people dont understand me, but I would rather put 500 a month into modifying and working on a car, than a car payment. The car is just not me anymore. I am also saving for an engagement ring, so it wouldnt hurt to be without the car payment for a few months.

Just a few questions as I begin my search:
Anything specific to SN95's to look for as I look at cars??
Anyone know of any CLEAN 94-95 white convertibles out there??? Any guys ever get harassed at the track in a vert?Rollbar?
What would I be looking at to run a 13.8-14.0?
Since a low mileage 5.0 seems to be so hard to find, what are the benefits or losses of going with a modular 4.6? I am very set on the 5 Liter, it seems to me to be a better platform.

I do appreciate the information guys and the mustang will be my daily!

My other car, my 3000GT that will be sharing the garage with the mustang:
CARSIGFinal.jpg

Attachments

• CARSIGFinal.jpg
    CARSIGFinal.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

Its not hard at all to get into the 13's. My GT with like 130K miles ,CAI, under drive pillies, straight pipes, 1.7 RR's and other basic stuff got a 14.5. And that was my first time at the track.

Your hurting your performance without mufflers. Ok back on topic, it's pretty easy to get into the 13's, I'm not sure on the rollcage thing in a vert, but in a coupe if your in the 11's your required to have a rollcage.

Its not hard at all to get into the 13's. My GT with like 130K miles ,CAI, under drive pillies, straight pipes, 1.7 RR's and other basic stuff got a 14.5. And that was my first time at the track.

faster then 13.49 requires a roll bar in a vert round here....i think if you have a bad ass ride no one will say anything about your roll bar if you roll down the track with a 16 sec pass then you might get some chuckles lol, i say stick with searching for a 5.0 2v 4.6's seem like they require a lot of work to get them in a desired performance range

either a 5.0 or a 4v mod motor. miles are a concern but not a massive one. i bought this car at 117k with a blower and h/c/i already on and i ran it that way for another 20k before buying a stroker. 13s in a vert is a bit harder to get than in a coupe. you should be able to get a vert for about 7k, drop a decent h/c/i in there and be hitting 13s. or just get nitrous.

Welcome to :SNSign:

my car has 170k and others have 200+k these 5.0's run forever if they are maintenced, i dont know prices in ny york but everything seems to be way higher in prices so maybe 7k is a possibility :shrug: the average around here is 5k you dont really see them getting over that..just make sure shes rust free then its all good no matter what

There's actually a really clean 96 GT hardtop here in town at a local dealership for sale with just over 60k on her

Can't really help you with prices and such, but make sure, when you find one, to take it for a good drive to see if the tranny shifts nicely. Having a nice new (to you) mustang with mashed sychro's will make you cry.

High mileage means nothing...my engine got torn apart last weekend, and with around 140k on it, there's absolutely no sludge...if the guy's taken care of the car, a high mileage 5.0 will last a great while. A good HCI combo will take your car into the 13's for not that much money, and it seems like finances aren't your handicap on this one haha

Find Paul, KillerCanary on the site, I'm sure he can give you all kind of information on bringing a vert into good numbers.

I have no idea if that helped, or made any sense. I love lettuce.

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the info!

I am originally from Poughkeepsie, NY and recently moved near Hartford, CT, but I am always in the NY area to visit family and friends.

I found a nice clean 94 GT Convertible, Black/Black Leather, 5 speed, with 49,000 miles. I am going to try to take a look at it this weekend, might not work out because I have a wedding to attend.

As for the Mercedes, it is a 2005 that I ordered and took delivery of in early 2004. I already have racked up 56,000 miles in less than 3 years, so I was definetly hoping to get something that had low miles so that once I am done with the engagement/wedding expenses for the next few years, it will become a weekend toy with still relatively decent mileage on it.

Anyone know the best way to selling it quick??? Anyone have experience with Carmax?

Thanks for the WELCOME GUYS!:SNSign:

Welcome to the board and CT. Need any help Im right down the road in Shelton.
Good luck w/ finding a ride. JFJI I paid $4500 for mine about 2 years ago and I wouldnt pay more than $5k for one now. Keep your eyes open there are plenty of them around. I drive all over this state for my business and I see them all over the place.

Welcome to :SNSign: ........best of luck with the sale....there is a Forest Green gt with 80k on ebay for 4500.00..................doesn't look like a bad car...it's a auto I think.....bank has the title....we'll help find you one.......

is that 3000gt a vr4 by any chance?

Anyhow, i wouldent really worry about low miledge, you can always drop in a low miledge explorer motor and it will give you more power anyhow!

when something breaks, you upgrade!

I think your gonna love the mustang when you get one. First mod has to be exhaust!......then gears

Welcome to stangnet man.

I didn't read everyones' posts, but if you're looking for a clean vert, i guess it really all boils down to how much you're willing to spend.

much like everything else i suppose.

:shrug:

yeah, i wasn't any help.

welcome again. :D