hey I'm new here

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought it from a road up the block...this guy Joe installed my mustang before I bought it....it was V8 5spd tranny....80,000k rebuilt engine but the body is 133,000k...tranny is 5,000 miles rebuilt....also he did 1986 Ford Mustang GT seats swap...umm what else??? the body needs a lot of work....****load of rusts

You dont need many tools to do that. Just some sand paper and a decent sander. Priming is easy. You don't even really NEED a spray gun for it, you could just use some canned primer that you get from your local autozone or whatever. Painting you should definitely use real paint and a spray gun if you want a good job. But until then, you should be able to do any body work you want. Really, you dont even need a powersander to prep it for sanding, it'll just take you longer to do it by hand. I did mine by hand and smoothed it out with 180grit sandpaper and a run of the mill palm sander. Good luck.

351wcoupe said:
BLACK PRIMER!!!! you can be a modern day 50's racer

hehe ... welcome to the board dude!

----

Oh and speaking of black primer ... im currently pulling apart my 88 notch for the turbo swap, and im not joking when i say i liked brantley's car alot ... Im tempted to have it sprayed with a flat black, when everything is all said and done. It's white right now.

ZeroCulture said:
hehe ... welcome to the board dude!

----

Oh and speaking of black primer ... im currently pulling apart my 88 notch for the turbo swap, and im not joking when i say i liked brantley's car alot ... Im tempted to have it sprayed with a flat black, when everything is all said and done. It's white right now.

Flat black? If you're gonna go black, why not go high gloss black? Is it just a personal preference thing or what? Personally, I say there is nothing like a deep gloss black mustang. I'd imagine a flat black would be a little easier to do in the sense that there may be less bodywork involved and imperfections may not show up as well.