Roush Hey Speedster / Lightbar people, question for ya

I have a 99gt vert with the Saleen Speedster package. The previous owner had it added (through Saleen I believe). When I slide my toneau cover off, it rubs against the light bar on the left side and caused it to rip. I'm trying to get my car's body fixed up in the next few months and wanted to know if any of you had a similar problem, or if not, how is yours setup so that it doesn't rip?

Thank You,
Shaun

• Sponsors (?)

Shaun,

I personally have the Cervinis 2 piece speedster cover for mine and I have never had any problems whatsoever getting it on or off.

Is your speedster cover an actual Saleen cover? If it is it should say Saleen
on the underside.........which I'm sure you already know. If it is a Saleen cover, the only thing I can think of is maybe the cover is not the 99-04 cover
but maybe a 96-98 cover. Of course I am just taking a guess here because even though I know that the 96-98 and 99-04 covers are different, I don't know if you could actually fit them on different model year cars.

It is a Saleen cover although not sure which year. The main problem is the rear inserts as I have to push it so far to it rubs against the light bar to get off. I just noticed that there are no side hinges if that matters (see pic 2).

speedster01.jpg

speedster02.jpg

speedster03.jpg

Thanks,
Shaun

Well there's your problem. The lack of hinges is causing the S/C to slide forward and rub the Light bar. Best advice is to call Saleen and see if you can get a replacement piece?? If at all possible. The Saleen Speedster Cover is a great piece, but man you need that piece.

BLKVERT said:
Well there's your problem. The lack of hinges is causing the S/C to slide forward and rub the Light bar. Best advice is to call Saleen and see if you can get a replacement piece?? If at all possible. The Saleen Speedster Cover is a great piece, but man you need that piece.

That makes enough sense. :) I need a few other Saleen parts so I will get a hold of Saleen. Thanks for your help.

Shaun

If your stang has a light bar on it, you do not use the L-brackets on the bottom of the tonn. They are for stangs with out a bar. The best thing to do is to put some of the foam rubber on the leading edge of the tonn where it goes up against the bar. It is the same rubber that is on the bottom of the tonn. If you need some, we sell it, along with the complete line of Saleen products.

HMSPORT said:
If your stang has a light bar on it, you do not use the L-brackets on the bottom of the tonn. They are for stangs with out a bar. The best thing to do is to put some of the foam rubber on the leading edge of the tonn where it goes up against the bar. It is the same rubber that is on the bottom of the tonn. If you need some, we sell it, along with the complete line of Saleen products.

Yea if you have that for the front edge that would be cool. Do you also have any 99-04 screen sets in stock (including the side scoops)? I need one of those also. [email protected]

Thanks,
Shaun