Hey, transmission guys!

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
I need help!

Doing my first T5 and got a few questions. While disassembling the output shaft, I pulled the 1-2 reverse slider off the hub and heard some parts fall...then noticed this hole in the hub.

1-2reversesliderhub.jpg

.....on the table I found a pin and a spring (not together). The exploded diagram shows a pin there, but no spring. what goes in the hole shown above?

here are the pin and spring...

pinandspring.jpg

Also...considering replacing the 1-2 reverse slider and I've found two different part numbers (on promotion's website) One is a 1352-070-44 and... one is a 1352-070-44 R/ .

Here is the slider I pulled. 32 teeth. Does anybody have a clue which part number I need? one is about 95 bucks-the other is 60 bucks if that helps...

1-2reverseslider.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Well that spring...no clue where that goes. Doesn't look familiar to me in any of the T-5's i've dealt with. Sure it came from the trans?

The pin i beleive goes here. Not in the hole you point to, but next to it

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...emi-assembled-need-some-help.html#post7431356

Also, in the phot you can see the part number on the slider. Mine doesn't have the R after it. It's also an aftermarket slider i bought off ebay from the seller "The Gear Box" I think i paid $35 for it. His parts come well recommended.

The "r" gear might be an aftermarket gear for aftermarket gearsets that promotion sells. Might want to call and ask, but i would assume the non-R gear is what you want

Here's the guy i bought parts for the last t-5 i built from

http://stores.ebay.com/THE-GEAR-BOX?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Think theres a small ball that goes in that hole, but its been about 6 months since ive built one and i honestly cant remember without it in front me. If its your first time, snag a walk through off mitchell or all data, definitely helped me my first time through. Theyre pretty simple once youve done it a few times, obviously i need to brush up.

OK !! great info! Thanks, guys! Mike, what do you know about the ball Tanner mentioned?? Did the slider hub in your trans have that hole or any ball? :scratch:....Guess I need to pour over my manual some more...Will check out "the gear box" parts....that sounds a lot better than what I've been looking at!

Maybe it (the spring) came from another trans....See, I bought two builder units used. The one I showed you was the newer of the two I believe, out of a 92... the other an 89 I believe, both WC (pretty sure). The reverse light plugs are on opposite sides. The older trans I took apart first and it was in pretty bad shape, so I set it aside and took this one apart. Maybe the spring came out of the first unit....:shrug:

Thanks again!!!