Hi Everyone! Meet My Faithful Steed - Sid.

-Tomcat-

Aug 17, 2015
UK
11825189_10153215359269915_8857812148760918406_n.jpg

Well, my name's Tom and about a month ago I finally realised a nearly lifelong dream and bought myself a 67 Fastback. Had it shipped over from Texas to the UK.

It's slightly less than totally perfect. I was hoping I would be able to drive it from Southampton back to my house but the car had other ideas. I think I drove it a mile (and what a glorious mile it was!) before it gave up the ghost and refused to go any further.

My knowledge of cars is fairly basic but I intend to learn it all along the way and do as much of the work on the car by myself as I can.

Think I've diagnosed a couple of problems on the car so I will undoubtedly be posting in other parts of the forum requesting your advice, knowledge and wisdom!

A pleasure to meet you all! :)

• Sponsors (?)

It is a real GT. Marty report says it rolled out the factory a 390 GT with a manual 4 speed trans although it now has a 302 and a 3 speed C4 with a hurst shifter. Also judging from the rubber on the back I'm assuming it's done a few quarter miles in it's time.

image.jpg

Coincidentally my mum bought me a copy of Stephen Kings "Christine" recently.... The parallels are already quite amusing :)

Hasn't tried to kill me (yet) but it has already made a bee line for my wallet :D

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Will get some pics of how it currently sits when I'm back home next!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't you know that Fords aII have a buiIt in 'Money Detector'? (my 69.5 Maverick, Crazy AIice, had a particuIarIy fine tuned one!)

Lucy is aIready a Diva... no 'off the rack' 40$ tires for her! *sigh* 235X55X17's :doh: