High Rev

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like your cruise control is activating. It makes me think this because it is opening the throttle with no driver input, and then shutting down with brake input. I'm pretty sure that's what it is, just double check and make sure your throttle cable is free and that you floor mat isn't catching the gas pedal. I'm not sure if cruise control is controlled by the pcm or if there is a seperate module. If there is a seperate module then disconnect it and see if the problem goes away.

If you just pull the car out of gear W/O the clutch and your CC is on...then how does the car know its in neutral. SO yea it will rev on you.

Best thing to do is ALWAYS push the clutch in BEFORE you change gears or pull it out of gear. That will deactivate the CC :nice:

If you just pull the car out of gear W/O the clutch and your CC is on...then how does the car know its in neutral. SO yea it will rev on you.

Best thing to do is ALWAYS push the clutch in BEFORE you change gears or pull it out of gear. That will deactivate the CC :nice:

yeah but even if it didnt know, at cruising speeds CC is only giving 10% throttle input, even if he somehow got into neutral without it knowing, itll rev to maybe 2-3k max (whatever 10% input equates to in neutral) until it realized the car was slowing down and it would increase input to try to rev the motor to get back to speed, but its not like its a lighning fast movement to WOT like it would take to rev the motor to redline.

but yeah, somehow cruise control does seem the culprit. possibly the motor unit is faulty

btw yeah popping the gearshift into neutral without using the clutch is bad on your tranny.

yeah but even if it didnt know, at cruising speeds CC is only giving 10% throttle input, even if he somehow got into neutral without it knowing, itll rev to maybe 2-3k max (whatever 10% input equates to in neutral) until it realized the car was slowing down and it would increase input to try to rev the motor to get back to speed.

You've just answered your own question. :D