Hill Assist - Useful Or Not?

Jim Bronson

Aug 8, 2016
I'll be picking up my GT in a few days. It has a manual transmission. I'm just wondering whether most of you use the hill assist feature. I guess I'll try it and see if I can get used to it, but I've never had a car with this feature.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess my only concern would be if you're quicker than the system, then does it keep the brakes applied anyway? I don't guess it would matter much, since we're talking probably less than one second. I'll be getting a lot of practice since I live on a pretty steep hill. Should be fun.

Hill assist works pretty good. It's one of those things I never needed, but now that I have it, I like it. I've driven several cars with it (including the new Mustangs), and of all things, my automatic F150 has it (which came in handy leaving work for the past year and a half).

I don't use one on my Mustang but she likes the high octane feed. For a while I did have a anti roll back on my Mustang to keep her from raring up.................Oh, you meant my car! I don't use it since I never had it on any of my cars before and I like to get off the start fairly quick at times. But if I was not accustomed to a clutch then I would use it.