Hit the strip today...do these #s make sense?

cardinales15

Mar 27, 2010
:nice:Well I went to the track today for the first time with my 2003 GT. Our local track is, well...not the best, but I am a bit boggled with my times.

I did two runs since they were packed with cars. Neither one of my slips had complete information or accurate info for that matter. My first run it said I ran the 1/4 in 0.586 seconds at 48mph. So that run was trash. The second run I did better but the numbers still don't make sense.

2003 GT
4.10 gears
SCT X2 Tune
Mac Prochamber O/R
Flowmaster Catback
Mac CAI
MGW Shifter
Eibach springs.

Second Run:
60ft - 2.0
1/4 - 14.0
trap - 36mph (on the slip)...my speedo read 103-104mph, for both runs

Shouldn't I be getting better than a 14.3 with a 103mph trap? I didn't spin barely at all and I didn't miss any shifts. I was dang proud of both my runs but these numbers just don't make sense.

Thoughts?

I did beat a new Hemi Challenger though :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

No that isn't right, there's obviously an error in their timing equipment.

You could have definitely ran a 14.3 at 103mph if you were spinning off the line. That usually increases MPH but results in a slower E.T.

I had surprisingly very little tire spin. I paid close attention to slip the clutch and not dump it.

I really sucks...I was hoping for to get some good baseline numbers for improvement.

Guess this is why it was a "free" open racing weekend...they gotta work the bugs out.