• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

HOLLEY 174 BLOWER ALTERNATOR BRACKET???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Killer50stang
  • Start date Start date Sep 27, 2004

Killer50stang

New Member
May 11, 2004
632
0
0
Sep 27, 2004
#1
  • Sep 27, 2004
  • #1
I need the bracket for the Holley 174 blower. I recently cut my stock one to make it work and it does but the belt clearance is terrible and I can't go to a smaller belt with it not being too tight. I believe Holley makes a alternator bracket that has a belt tensioner on it as I have no tensioner as of now. Any help?
 
D

Daggar

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
3,902
5
0
Sep 27, 2004
#2
  • Sep 27, 2004
  • #2
Do you have a picture of your current setup? I imagine you have a snout mounted pulley on that blower but what are you using for an idler pulley now? Is there a bracket that comes off of the snout that's holding an idler?
 

Killer50stang

New Member
May 11, 2004
632
0
0
Sep 27, 2004
#3
  • Sep 27, 2004
  • #3
Daggar said:
Do you have a picture of your current setup? I imagine you have a snout mounted pulley on that blower but what are you using for an idler pulley now? Is there a bracket that comes off of the snout that's holding an idler?
Click to expand...


Yes it has a snout. Right now I'm using the stock 5.0 Alternator bracket. I'll try and get you a pic.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Engine Belt routing with supercharger and smog/ac/ps delete
  • Steve6482
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
98
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 15, 2026
Steve6482
S
W
Electrical 91 GT Alternator Replacement Question
  • willrh111
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
426
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 23, 2025
nickyb
S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
F
Electrical From scratch: alternator wiring
  • fox racer v2
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
642
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2025
fox racer v2
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?