Fox Hood decisions

I just upgraded my intake to the GT40 Explorer and I'm not using any spacers but my old hood is bent a little from flying up a few years ago so my question is that a stock hood should work with that setup or go ahead and get a fiberglass or steel cowl style one?

• Sponsors (?)

Question since hoods are up here... (pun intended) I've got a 90LX that I'm planning on getting a Trufiber 3" Cobra R SVO hood for mine, so yup, planning on the hood pins, safety latch all that, my question is, does anyone have any experience with one of these or any fiberglass hoods and the strut type hood lifts? Ya know, the hydraulic types so you can ditch the dorky hood stick for holding up your hood that gets in the way all the time??

Question since hoods are up here... (pun intended) I've got a 90LX that I'm planning on getting a Trufiber 3" Cobra R SVO hood for mine, so yup, planning on the hood pins, safety latch all that, my question is, does anyone have any experience with one of these or any fiberglass hoods and the strut type hood lifts? Ya know, the hydraulic types so you can ditch the dorky hood stick for holding up your hood that gets in the way all the time??
I was looking at that same one but the hood struts I seen was on American Muscle and Ebay seemed to be good but you have to measure where to drill the holes for your brackets and mount them up.

I've got the hood struts on mine, easy enough install with measuring and drilling.They work great on stock hood,now depending on how stout the fiberglass hood is it could crack.call the hood company for suggestions.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users