Hose problem - Oil Leaking out

rllndg17

Jun 9, 2004
About 3 months ago one of the hoses which comes out of the valve cover (left side when looking at engine bay, goes from cover to plenum) ruptured. I went to autozone and they gave me a free hose to replace that one.

Yesterday, something started to smell from the engine bay, sort of like oil burning. When I looked under the hood there was oil on the valve cover and the hose looked horrible. It looks like when the hose gets too hot it's becoming really malleable and it's collapsing and loosening up. I realize that hose probably can't handle the heat, so I need to find out what that hose is called? I think it's something like the oil coolant hose?

Anywho, the correct name and a possible place to order one would be awesome:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet, thanks for the help! I replaced the warped hose w/ a newer heater hose. I fastened some hose clamps in hopes that it'll fix it for now. I guess I'll head to the dealership and buy a new hose...The plastic elbow looks fine so it sould be a pretty cheap piece.

One more question: Is there nowhere online that I can simply purchase a pcv hose? I don't care if I have to cut it myself...I can't seem to find anything but PCV valves for our cars...I remember the original was an 'S' shape, but I doubt that would make much of a difference

Ah ok, I did some research online and found people were using transmission cooler lines since they're thick + resistant to heat/oil. I don't want to take the risk so I guess I'll swing by Ford when I get a chance...Thanks for the help