How do I reduce weight off my 03 cobra covertible?

gogoCOBRA

Jun 7, 2005
Virginia
Can anyone tell me how much weight this setup will dropoff? 03 cobra convert
tub K-memb, coilovers, rearseat remove, sparetires?

what about AC and IRS (for solid rear)?

any other recommemdations?.. these cobra makes tonnns of power but it also weight something like 4000 +? Like balling out like a big pork! I need all help thanks guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/Weight Reduction.htm
that gives you the weight of basically everything on a mustang. solid rear are about 80lbs lighter than the irs i believe. if your car is a daily driver or if you ever think you'll be in a situation where you'll need the a/c keep it, i couldnt part with mine. there is sound deadening material on the floor board that can be scrapped off to save about ten lbs. you can ditch your stock seats for a set of aluminum racing seats or atleast lighter weight seat along the lines of a corbeau, cobra, sparco et. seat. if its a weekend driver or race car you can remove both airbags, and front bumper support. lightweight wheels are also and option. maybe a set of 15" bogarts. many possibilites

k member = about 30

a/c = about 26 lbs, i havent removed the condenser yet though. i remover the compressor the fluid and lines for the 26 lbs

rear seat delete = about 40

not sure about coilovers. i think the real weight savings with coil overs comes from using aftermarket tubular a arms also. :shrug: