i figured they were a little quicker.

i am an auto, he was auto
i am 5.4, he was 5.3
he's rated at 302hp, me? ~300
me 365 lb-ft, him 325 lb-ft
his final drive ratio 3.29, me 3.27
4 speed auto.
him 154mph limit, me 155++++

it seems that LS really has no advantage when the cubes are equal.

I'd like to see my car do over 120mph with some gusto. I can redline her in fourth (about 125mph) and when i hit fifth she is a total dog. How long does it take you to get get from 120-145? Do you have hood buffeting issues after 120mph? Thank you.

15 lengths? Are you sure that was the V8 SS and not one of the older V6 SS Impalas? Maybe you are making closer to 400hp.

The 06/07 Impala SS runs low low 14's with some owners running 13.9s. I know the GXP Grand Prix(basically same car) has been 13.7 @ 102 bone stock. The Impala should give a 300hp auto Mustang a good run even though it's about 200 lbs heavier.

Those things are big and SLOW!!! I took one for a test drive and I felt like I was driving a limo instead of a "sports" sedan. I guarantee an automatic GT would still smoke an SS. I would bet the 1/4 mile time is somewhere in the mid 14's....

Boss2000 said:
Those things are big and SLOW!!! I took one for a test drive and I felt like I was driving a limo instead of a "sports" sedan. I guarantee an automatic GT would still smoke an SS. I would bet the 1/4 mile time is somewhere in the mid 14's....
Motor Trend ran 14.2 -- not bad for a mag time.