how do you fit the fiero fan? way to tight

Fiero fan in a 66?

Guys i was told that it has been done. I get the fan and bring it home just to see that it is 1 inch to thick. the fan motor hits the water pump. i think im just going to use a manual fan and say F the electric fans.

Well i slid the motor back as far as it will go and it is still 1 inch off. Fan motor and water pump are still going to hit. I seen on this forum that the Fiero fans works but now i cant find but one person who has put one in, except for 1 person and he last was on in 2006 from what it looks like. So im kinda pissed about this whole thing. anyone know what the hells is up?

I haven't heard of Mustangers using a Fierro Fan, but the Taurus fan is a popular fan used. I have one on my aluminum radiator. I had to cut out the section of the radiator support that tilts back and build custom brackets. It is still a very close fit.

the shroud on the Fiero fan is so close to the size of the radiator it is like they were made for eachother. but like i said the motor and water pump touch. i will get some pictures here in about 15 mins and post them. i was thinking about cutting out the radiator suport just as you did to get that radiator closer up front. all i need is 1 inch.

you know what, F*** the stupid fan. i took the pic's and messed with the fan some more and it is just not going to go unless i cut and grind every little bit that i can. Electric fans are really not worth it to me. im going to buy a flex fan and a shroud and be done with it. im not going to be in stop and go traffic very much so screw it. in my last mustang the electric fan a pain in the ass anyways, and i dont know why i wanted to go back to the same pain in the ass problems that only put more wiring and ugliness under my hood. electric fan = new alternator, more wires, more money etc etc.

what style mechanical fans are you guys running? i have my stock 4 blade that im wanting to toss in the trash.