How do you turn the Seat-Belt Beeping Off???

01MustangMan

Founding Member
Dec 9, 2001
Fort Myers, Florida
I did it before on my 01GT, but now I forget how to stop the seat-belt from beeping... I always wear my seatbelt when driving, but I just hate it when I start the car and its idling, and that annoying sounds comes up every 20 seconds!! Dont you have to buckle and un-buckle the seat belts like 3 times turn the headlights on/off... Than I forget the rest.. Anyone know? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

in the 2003 mustang manual it's on page 76

for those who are lazy here are the instructions

1 turn on the ignition swith to the run or on position do not start engine

2 wait until the safety belt warning light turn off.
steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds

3 buckle then unbuckle the seat belt three times ending with the seatbelt unbuckled

4 turn on the headlamps turn off the headlamps

5 buckle and unbuckle the seat belt three times ending with the seatbelt unbuckled

6 within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off buckle and then unbuckle the safety belt

7 confirmation that this worked the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds

Just a note when your buckling and unbuckling the seat belt make sure to let it retract back each time.

:nice:

I just replaced my stock seats with my new Recaros, your drivers right side buckle has a 2 lead wire harness hooked to it. If you pull your seat and get at the buckle you can just unhook the harness to just the buckle ..no more ding ding light.

but this too will take 45min to hour, those 4 seat mounting nuts take forever to get off,(long bolts it tight spot under the seats)