How does this dyno look?

As you can see in my sig, I have a few bolt on parts. I just had my car dyno tuned today. What do you think of the results?

Attachments

• Mustang-Dyno-(Opt).jpg
    Mustang-Dyno-(Opt).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 314
  • Sponsors (?)

The numbers seem...a bit...stock-like, despite your mods. My 02 GT made 228.5 to the wheels bone stock. Looking at your chart, I'm tempted to suspect you might have a mixture issue. Was the Diablo used to tune with the 87mm MAF installed?

In your sig your say "3.5 {inch} pipes" ... you mean tips, right? You don't have 3.5" pipes under the car, right?

Dude that MAF is killing you. I mean KILLING. too big without supercharging. think of it like the larger the less sensitive. I am not trying to be an expert. I went with 75 with trepidations. bigger is not better. no real way to overcome you are not going to have the volume of air that sensor needs N/A. sorry

billfisher said:
Dude that MAF is killing you. I mean KILLING. too big without supercharging. think of it like the larger the less sensitive. I am not trying to be an expert. I went with 75 with trepidations. bigger is not better. no real way to overcome you are not going to have the volume of air that sensor needs N/A. sorry
Not that I don't agree with you, but are you taking MAF size or TB size?
Stock MAF on his is 80mm (yours too, I believe).

As far as the squigglys after 4500, I have no idea. The car didn't sound unusual in any way, it didn't flutter at all when those readings were taken. They did about 8 pulls and they all had a similar pattern. I'm stumped.

As far as the MAF, I find it hard to believe that going from my stock 80mm MAF to an 87mm one could upset the engine so, or be too big without a supercharger. Could the MAF be faulty? If it was, wouldn't I notice other symptoms? The idle is absolutely perfect.

twogts4us - Why should I get rid of the MAF?

trinity_gt said:
The numbers seem...a bit...stock-like, despite your mods. My 02 GT made 228.5 to the wheels bone stock. Looking at your chart, I'm tempted to suspect you might have a mixture issue. Was the Diablo used to tune with the 87mm MAF installed?

In your sig your say "3.5 {inch} pipes" ... you mean tips, right? You don't have 3.5" pipes under the car, right?

On Horsepower TV they dyno'd a GT that only had an x-pipe & cat back upgrade & it pulled 229hp (not sure of the torque). My car did slightly better with some mild intake mods & only a catback exhaust mod. I thought I had a decent torque gain, which is what really counts (I thought). I think it's pretty close to the mark, but I don't know. The mixture isn't on the chart, but I believe it is at 12.5:1 (I hope I recited that correctly, still learning :D ). The diablo was used to tune with the 87mm MAF installed. You are right, those are the tips, not the pipes. I'm not exactly sure what the Flowmasters are, but I want to say 2.5??? I'll change my sig...Thanks!

comatose said:
As far as the MAF, I find it hard to believe that going from my stock 80mm MAF to an 87mm one could upset the engine so, or be too big without a supercharger. Could the MAF be faulty? If it was, wouldn't I notice other symptoms? The idle is absolutely perfect.

twogts4us - Why should I get rid of the MAF?
The Pro-M MAF has a different tansfer curve than the stock MAF. You need to either have the Pro-M curve programmed into the tune, or use the stock MAF. I disagree that the MAF is too big, You just need the right curve.

I thought that when the dyno chart started getting wiggly it meant your engine is missing? I could be wrong, but I think I have heard that around here somewhere. If thats the case, do you have the original plugs? plug wires? That could be part of the problem....dont know for sure though, someone confirm with me if I am right

Looks pretty close for an auto w/4.10s. The mods you have don't add a whole lot. The tuner will give you more hp by adding timing than all the other mods you have. Most straight drives with your mods won't see more than 235-240 rwhp. Without seeing an A/F it is hard to say if there is more in it. Was the car going into OD???

80mm is cobraR and 4V cobra use 80mm. I simply suggested the sensitivity for a mild combination can cause problems. What I didn't take into account before my post is that it was happening a high RPM's where sensitivity is not an issue.