How hard is it to steal a 99-2004 stang

Status
Not open for further replies.
bdcardinal said:
a mustang with PATS is rather difficult to steal. although there are places where you can get a PATS emulator that will plug into a key. the keys themselves are VERY easy to make. with a little practice you can make a ignition key for a new ford in under a minute. gone-n the way in which you asked the question is what got people all up in arms. if you had phrased it something like "i just got a 01 gt and i was wondering how hard they are to steal because i live in a bad neighborhood or whatever and if they are easy what can i do to make them harder to steal" then people wouldnt have jumped all over you.

Thank you, I will be very careful how I word things around here, thanks again
I love mustang GT's, I made the biggest mistake when I bought my 2000 323I
the car look great, handle great, and the fit and finsh was top notch, but
it was so underpowerd, all stock 323I, 325I, 328I, 525I & 528I are underpowerd, I have driven them all the 330I is better, but It will not pin
you back in your seat, I own my bmw for three years and ever time
I saw a mustang GT I would let the windows down to hear a real V8,
In my book there is nothing better than a high torque V8 RWD car
it doesnt get any better than that, let it go guys, and lets talk about
how fun it is to own a mustang gt
thanks again
GONE-N-60 :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

wow your speech made me wanna cry but you should have started it as i grew up as a poor yound child living off of scraps that my uncle monty would feed me and throw to me down the chute!

Since I didn't want to miss out on the post whoring I figured I would add one to my count and now with a random flame so it blends in with the rest of the crap in this thread.

You all suck lol....

This thread=Teh Lose :nonono:

For a bit of tech: Can I run 30 LBS of boost on a stock internal GT lol :shrug: lol

:lock:

If you know what code the PCM has, you could break into the car and install a chip to disable the PATS and at that point it would be no more difficult to steal than a Yugo. Otherwise, you can car jack the owner's key or steal it with a tow truck. Considering the fact that you can break into most cars and steal them in about ten seconds with a screwdriver, the answer to your question is YES... :D

Not only that, it may dramatically reduce your life expectancy if you try it... :chair:

OK. This thread is done. He knows he should have worded things differently, so get off his back.

FWIW, my folks had BMW's, and they weren't worth crap after 75k miles. all 4 were maintained religiously. One problem after another. Junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.