How long was your special order wait?

Had to have the wife say the. For some reason it could understand every other set of numbers/letters from me but the body type. All she told me was the date it was built and the estimated delivery date, which is stuff that I already knew. The guy at the dealership told me that stuff. I thought it gave a more update idea of where it was. Thanks though.

• Sponsors (?)

Had to have the wife say the. For some reason it could understand every other set of numbers/letters from me but the body type. All she told me was the date it was built and the estimated delivery date, which is stuff that I already knew. The guy at the dealership told me that stuff. I thought it gave a more update idea of where it was. Thanks though.

It does give you the most updated info, I believe it can even give you the rail car number in some cases.

You can keep tabs on this hotline so you can find out when it gets delivered to the dealership. Hopefully Musty can use the ERL to see what's up with his order.

FYI dealership sales people can access this stuff through Concepts (an online portal that they can access).

Metroplex,

I have my order number and dealer code.

ERL says "clean and unscheduled". So this means I just have to wait right? The dealer's done his part? (for example)

What is the "priority #"? Will this give me some indication of the wait time or how it fits into the crazy scheduling process (that I've seen on one of these sites)

thanks...

If you have a copy of your VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) sheet or the DORA, it will have the Priority Number. The best you can get is a "10", and the higher the number, the lower the priority. If you get a really high number like 40, you might as well go somewhere else.

How long ago did you place this order? Clean and unscheduled is normal for the first few weeks. Once my order was in the system, it became "clean and unscheduled." 10 normal days later (not business days but 10 actual days), it was serialized (VIN # was available from the dealership). A few days later, it was scheduled for production about a month ahead of time. Then it is all downhill from there... 5 weeks for me. I estimate 6-7 weeks TOPS if there are no holds on your options (holds are basically like stock-outs or backorders for high demand items like wheels).

If you don't hear anything new this Thursday, check with your salesperson to see WTF is going on. Or better yet, check now.

There was a delay due to Ford wanting to fill Shelby's orders first (for the Shelby GT) but that should have been done awhile ago.

Metroplex -

I ordered mine on 1/4. So I'm at eight weeks of "clean and unscheduled".

My dealer is tiny, thus my orginal question about the possibility of it being an allocation issue.

My dealer is great. And in fairness to my salesman, he set the expectation with me on 1/4 that "it could be a month or two" before it even gets scheduled.

It's vista blue, manual, with the low end wheels. Ordered on x-plan. I think there has been a shortage of manual trannies so perhaps that is effecting it as well.

I'll take your advice and call him (and get the priority #).

thanks....

Did he mention if there were any product holds on the transmission? Priority 12 isn't bad, but for a small dealership he could have given you a Priority 10 just to get things rolling. 8 weeks without it being serialized is very unusual unless there is a product hold.

He made some general statement like "none of the options are on a wait" but I wasn't paying attention. I'll call him next week and ask him this specifically after I've given him a couple days to call his zone rep.

I don't mind waiting another month or two to get the exact car I want. I just want to make sure it's not toally blocked for some reason.

thanks again...

I spoke to my dealer about the fact that my order is still not scheduled to be built.

He said he spoke to the zone rep and they think it's a matter of allocation for all of New England. That NE has an allocation of only 75 cars. I don't know if that's for the next build cycle or what period. But the zone rep said he's see if he can "tweak things" (which I hope means get it scheduled).

I think everyone (the dealer,saleman,etc.) are all being straight with me. (FWIW) I don't mind waiting as long as it's not some totally open-ended time period.

I'm going to the dealership to order mine on Friday. How long of a wait do you think I'm looking at?
Here's what's planned:
Vista Blue GT Premium
Charcoal Interior
5 spd
IUP
3.55 Limited Slip
18" Polished Aluminum Bullitts
Spoiler Delete and no Sirius wart
Side Airbags (Insurance is going to to be bad enough for a 21 yr. old even though I have a perfect record)

Oh, and I'm ordering from a fairly large dealerships, at least in comparison to the other local stores (usually have at least a dozen Stangs in stock including Saleens and Roushs).

I've heard people saying their car's are on hold because of the 18's.

I'm going to the dealership to order mine on Friday. How long of a wait do you think I'm looking at?
Here's what's planned:
Vista Blue GT Premium
Charcoal Interior
5 spd
IUP
3.55 Limited Slip
18" Polished Aluminum Bullitts
Spoiler Delete and no Sirius wart
Side Airbags (Insurance is going to to be bad enough for a 21 yr. old even though I have a perfect record)

Oh, and I'm ordering from a fairly large dealerships, at least in comparison to the other local stores (usually have at least a dozen Stangs in stock including Saleens and Roushs).

I've heard people saying their car's are on hold because of the 18's.

Well mine was delayed for a while due to the polished 18's and took roughly 10 weeks. My dealer, who has a guy they know in Michigan said that I got THE last set of those wheels for the 2007 model, which would also technically give me the last California Special made in 2007. It was delivered March 10th. I don't know how much stock I put into that, but there was a considerable delay even though they had given me a date, VIN and all. I guess someone has to have the last one, why not me?! :shrug: Just seems a little early to be done with the CS for this model year.

P.S. I got the car the day before my wedding, I am 23 and have a perfect driving record as well. It was going to cost me a lil over $1600 for 6 months of insurance. When I told them I was getting married the next day, they dropped it down to around a $1000 for 6 months. I knew I got hitched for something.