How Many Miles

• Sponsors (?)

My odometer and trip meter are both broken but I traveled a 140 mile trip and then i filled up adn I did the math. I got 27 MPG. I didnt believe it, but I filled up before I left and when i got back. But that was all interstate.

The Green GT said:
My odometer and trip meter are both broken but I traveled a 140 mile trip and then i filled up adn I did the math. I got 27 MPG. I didnt believe it, but I filled up before I left and when i got back. But that was all interstate.

Were you just chillin at like 1K in fifth or something?

I get about 15-17 in town. I dont trust my gauge so I assume the lowest milage (15) and interpolate based upon milage (fill up at around 150 miles, figuring I have about 5-6 gallons left).

I normally got between 180 and 220 before I fill up... and that is jsut because it is 85 miles round trip for work and the ceapest and one of the most conveneint stations is by work... I have gone as far as 260-275 before....

BlackVert said:
i'm happy if i get 180 on a tank these days.

i'm not raising the BS flag or anything, but that is unbelievable, or rather, amazing. what is your secret ... 95% highway miles?

:shrug: no secret. its true. 50/50 city/highway. there are alot of motorcycle cops that like to hide in bushes around here. ive been busted 3 time in the past by them and i know most of their spots so i really never speed. the only time i open it up is on the track.

legalize420 said:

Does the speedo gauge read right?

But thinking about it, 280/15 = 18.6667 which sounds about right i would think. If u are only gettin 180 miles, thats 12 mpg....which aint right without a lot of mods or a lead foot. I think i remember pulling 240 sometimes if im gentle with her. I havent made a long road trip to check purely highway.

Straight from Edmunds.....
Fuel Data

Fuel
Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.4 gal.
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Manual: 17 mpg / 25 mpg Automatic: : 17 mpg / 24 mpg
Range in Miles: (City/Highway)
Automatic: 261.8 mi. / 369.6 mi. Manual: 261.8 mi. / 385 mi.

nmcgrawj said:
Does the speedo gauge read right?

not according to the calculators online. if i plug in my tire size, ratio, and 2500 rpms, in fifth gear it says i should be doing 74 but the speedo says about 78. in reality i dont think that will add more then 10-15 miles so i get at least 250+. when i do fill up the tank there is at least a gallon or two left. i can usually fit 13-14 gallons when i fill up. i agree about unless you have some serous mods you should be getting closer to 250 miles on a tank.

im getting around 210-215 miles per tank, all city. For a few months i was getting 135-150 per tank all because of a bad thermostat:notnice: ..so those of you guys getting terrible mileage, give the thermostat a shot. and i was just wondering if any of you guys know, does gas mileage really suffer if you make really short trips? b/c i never need to drive my car out of town or more than 10-15 mins at a time. Havent been on the highway (with the mustang) in like a year and a half.