How Much Does Your Notch Weigh

stangboy

Founding Member
Aug 31, 1999
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys, I'm trying to see what the average weight of a notch with the usual mods is. I have no idea what my car weighs and I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure as to what it will weigh once I get it back on the road. So tell me what your car weighs and the mods you have. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I weighed mine a few years ago, with no spare/jack/molding in the trunk but i did have a full tool box back there, and no carpet in the interior, plus a full tank of gas (could've planned it better) it weighed 2880. I've never done anything to lighten it up unless you count swapping the front bumper for an aluminum version when i swapped the nose over, but the nose probably weighs more than the other and almost offsets any gains there. That was also with Welds so it probably weighs a bit more now with the ARE's on it. I don't know how much carpet weighs but all that sound deadening took a good bit of weight out of it, when i pulled it out it was wet for some reason even though i've never had a window leak that i'm aware of and it was the middle of summer so it should've been dried out. It does have an aluminum drive shaft but that's only a few pounds difference. My engine also still has iron heads. All in all i'd say ~3k is pretty average depending on options. I could see the carpet and sound deadening, spare and jack and trunk molding weighing 120lbs all together. I don't have AC but i do still have all the crap under my dash for it, and being a SSP it doesn't have a center console, but honestly those weigh like 5lbs if that. I'm in the process of adding carpet back to it and if i can find trunk molding in good shape for cheap i'll probably throw that back in too. I'm not too concerned about weight loss, it's a street car and even at 3k it's sill lighter than most cars on the street.

Factory curb weight (loaded with fluids, ready to drive, no passengers or luggage) for my loaded 92 LX 5.0 was 3075. When I corner-weighted it a few years ago, it was 3225. That's with the 4-point rollbar and 5-point harnesses installed plus most of the mods in my sig.