How Much HP is Usable

Brian LaDuke

Jan 13, 2018
Hi...I am looking to add a SuperCharger to my 16 GT. How much power is a waste when in comes to a street car? Traction is key and I have put on some Nitto, biggest that fit with no mods. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

100% of all hp is useable. Torque will be an issue, but still useable. I have Nitto NT555 G2. They are great. If blown, NT05 would be an important upgrade for increased traction as well as other suspension components.

If you don’t want to improve your suspension to match the blown power, then get the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 for $700. More power, better throttle, and best bang for buck.

100% of all hp is useable. Torque will be an issue, but still useable. I have Nitto NT555 G2. They are great. If blown, NT05 would be an important upgrade for increased traction as well as other suspension components.

If you don’t want to improve your suspension to match the blown power, then get the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 for $700. More power, better throttle, and best bang for buck.

I actually have the pack, just wanted more power. If I bought a Lund tuner could I get more power out of it from what the power pack already added? I was thinking a procharger as well as it seems upgradable if you ever want to keep pushing the limits.

Reactions: 1 user
A friend of mine has a supercharged 16 with track pack. It makes about 800hp. It is a blast to drive....absolutely amazing.

He did struggle with wheel hop but solved it with coil overs and a good alignment.

That car felt like it could put it down reliably and safely. I think he went with VMP.