• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

How Much HP is Usable

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian LaDuke
  • Start date Start date Jan 12, 2019
B

Brian LaDuke

New Member
Jan 13, 2018
5
1
1
Jan 12, 2019
#1
  • Jan 12, 2019
  • #1
Hi...I am looking to add a SuperCharger to my 16 GT. How much power is a waste when in comes to a street car? Traction is key and I have put on some Nitto, biggest that fit with no mods. Thanks!
 

ximportdriver

20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 7, 2003
386
46
59
Rancho Cordova
Jan 12, 2019
#2
  • Jan 12, 2019
  • #2
100% of all hp is useable. Torque will be an issue, but still useable. I have Nitto NT555 G2. They are great. If blown, NT05 would be an important upgrade for increased traction as well as other suspension components.

If you don’t want to improve your suspension to match the blown power, then get the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 for $700. More power, better throttle, and best bang for buck.
 
B

Brian LaDuke

New Member
Jan 13, 2018
5
1
1
Jan 12, 2019
#3
  • Jan 12, 2019
  • #3
ximportdriver said:
100% of all hp is useable. Torque will be an issue, but still useable. I have Nitto NT555 G2. They are great. If blown, NT05 would be an important upgrade for increased traction as well as other suspension components.

If you don’t want to improve your suspension to match the blown power, then get the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 for $700. More power, better throttle, and best bang for buck.
Click to expand...

I actually have the pack, just wanted more power. If I bought a Lund tuner could I get more power out of it from what the power pack already added? I was thinking a procharger as well as it seems upgradable if you ever want to keep pushing the limits.
 
Reactions: 17P51GT

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jan 12, 2019
#4
  • Jan 12, 2019
  • #4
A friend of mine has a supercharged 16 with track pack. It makes about 800hp. It is a blast to drive....absolutely amazing.

He did struggle with wheel hop but solved it with coil overs and a good alignment.

That car felt like it could put it down reliably and safely. I think he went with VMP.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
247
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Thinking of selling my stang.
  • 2003 mustang gt modded
  • Mar 26, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
216
What is it Worth?!?!? Mar 26, 2026
Noobz347
W
I need a 1997 Mustang PATS A expert!
  • Wolfdogg
  • Friday at 10:41 PM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
74
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Noobz347
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
185
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
169
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?