how much of a difference in changing spark plugs?

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
car info is in sig. i have 21K miles. car runs good, but im wondering if new Bosch or NGK Iridium plugs will help my car run smoother when its cold or whenever. will new plugs reduce bucking? thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

I have 50000 miles on mine and replaced the plugs and wires last weekend, I noticed a difference. I dont know if you would because your car doesnt have that many miles, i mean spark plugs are suppose to last at least 40,000 miles, correct me if i am wrong.

You probably wont have a problem with coolant getting into your spark plug holes, but when I had some in there my car ran like total ****. I had NGK iridiums at the time. I didnt find them any different really, even when it didn't have a problem with coolant. I'd just save your money and get NGK TR55's or equiv

you can leave them in for 100,000 if you really wanted to. I replaced mine w/ ngk irridiums and motorsport 9mm wires @60k. Response feels a little better but it is probably due to changing old plugs and getting rid of the platinum.

DerekStangGT said:
car info is in sig. i have 21K miles. car runs good, but im wondering if new Bosch or NGK Iridium plugs will help my car run smoother when its cold or whenever. will new plugs reduce bucking? thanks for the help
I'm at a little over 28k right now and i'm just now having them replaced.. I was told that you can run into problems with the stock platinums as early is mid 40k, so i just wanted to be safe. Coppers give equal performance, cost less than 2 bucks a piece, and last 30k.