How to buy new?

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
Looking ahead im hoping to be in the marking to purchase a new 2020 mustang. Iv never bought a brand new car before but iv seen people
talk about the discounts they have gotten. How exactly do you buy or even order a new car and get money off?

• Sponsors (?)

When I bought my '17, I had the option of taking "x amount" off, or doing 0% financing. The 0% was a better deal. I've heard they are doing that deal again now (in July) I bought my car in July 17, so they may offer 0% every year? I also qualified for (i think it was) x plan pricing because I work at UPS.

Reactions: 1 user
Usually, the best time to purchase is at the end of the month or at the end of the quarter but if you can make those 2 dates coincide, you'll pick up the best deals as the dealers don't want to pay the taxes on inventory sitting on the lot. Typically, dealers will show their "bottom line" pricing which usually includes incentives but doesn't include special financing. Right now, Ford is offering 2 rebates equaling $2500 which everyone should qualify for but if you want the 0% interest for 72 months, those rebates will go away. I only know this because I picked up my new 2019 GT Performance Pack Mustang on Saturday.

My advice is that if you don't need the 1st 2020 Mustang that rolls off the line, wait until mid year or later for the best deals.

Reactions: 2 users
When I bought my '17, I had the option of taking "x amount" off, or doing 0% financing. The 0% was a better deal. I've heard they are doing that deal again now (in July) I bought my car in July 17, so they may offer 0% every year? I also qualified for (i think it was) x plan pricing because I work at UPS.
How dose UPS get a discount? Is it because of the union?

How dose UPS get a discount? Is it because of the union?
I'm not really sure, but we have a "discount" website we can go to for all kinds of things. (Not just cars..) Most all the auto manufacturers will give us some kind of "special" pricing for being UPS employees.

I'm not really sure, but we have a "discount" website we can go to for all kinds of things. (Not just cars..) Most all the auto manufacturers will give us some kind of "special" pricing for being UPS employees.

With X-Plan, you can build the car the way you want (options and all) and then check out what the price would be. Check out www.fordpartner.com so that you can see what I'm talking about. You'll need a discount code to get in though so check with your employer on what that code is. This will give you a ball-park number on what the invoice price of the vehicle is plus a little so that the dealership can make some money (about $600). Compare that price with the discounts that your local dealerships are offering and you may be surprised. My X-Plan price for my vehicle was about $4k more than what I paid so I'm not sure how the dealership made anything on my sale as even my sales rep said that they are taking a $4k loss on that vehicle. But they were also a high-volume dealership so the loss that they take now will be paid back to them in the future by Ford in some manor.

My advice is never fall in love with a car on the lot. If the dealer is convinced you will walk if the price isn't right, and you don't accept their first offer (or second or third), you can usually negotiate a better price.

Aw man
Ford cracked down on people giving codes to absolute nobodies on the internet (2018) (https://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64741-please-read-before-requesting-a-pin/)

... but if you get a membership to the Mustang Club of America, you get one all to yourself.
(https://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51278-x-plan-pins-for-everyone-sticky-this/)
3. PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

-For employees of eligible partner companies, you must provide a recent pay stub, company I.D., W-2 or company healthcare card. All are acceptable items to verify employment. (Note: business cards will not be accepted as proof of employment). The dealership must list the company or organization's name on the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
-For residents in the same household as the eligible employee/retiree, driver’s licenses’ will be required for proof of residence.
-For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.

So, get your membership today, and chill out for a few months, or if you already have an MCofA membership, start the process.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my X-Plan through the my MCA membership. Dealer cost plus $100, and all existing Ford incentives which were $2K when i purchased my 2018 GT. A $43K price became $38K which was outstanding. You can also use the MCA X-Plan on any Ford or Lincoln purchase which is great.

Reactions: 1 users