How to look for "Locking Header Bolts"

• Sponsors (?)

PuppyDawg said:
I'm looking for a set of locking header bolts for my

88gt Mustang (5spd) Hatch:

(with a) 84 Lincoln Towncar Engine
(ready to install) BBK 1 5/8 shortie headers

where can i go? and what brand do you recommend?

Aye thanks a lot guys (as usual) i'll be looking for these...i haven't installed my headers yet but i don't want to ever have to remove them either if i get a leak or 2.

another vote for stage 8s. I had all sorts of leaks with the bbk bolts that came with my headers, trashed them got some stage 8s for like $40 and no leaks. Did that like a year ago. A little more expensive but well worth it if it prevents that aggravation of replacing header gaskets.

RYC CUKR said:
another vote for stage 8s. I had all sorts of leaks with the bbk bolts that came with my headers, trashed them got some stage 8s for like $40 and no leaks. Did that like a year ago. A little more expensive but well worth it if it prevents that aggravation of replacing header gaskets.

hmmmmm very interesting....what did you use for header gaskets? Not the BBK gaskets that came with the headers right? I was thinking about investing in Fel pro's

breslin alittle more money than stage 8, but no retainers and no clips to lose. they also have smaller heads than the stage 8 bolts. and are available in stainless if that's your thing. summit and jegs carry them.