How to properly delete/hide EGR vacuum lines?

BlackArtemis

Dated 4 Amandas. Nothing special. Got the job done
Founding Member
Sep 23, 2002
West Chester, PA
Ok, the reason I had deleted the EGR is because when we did the header swap we had a bitch of a time with the EGR tube and decided to hacksaw it off. In the interest of saving $50 for a new tube (well $30 after the EGR delete kit from lethal) we decided to cut it. Now I realized we did a crap job of doing so, but it was rarely run due to winter and me being over seas for 3+ months.

Now here are the pics:

attachment.php

In the first one, these are the vacuum tubes. I can't just remove them due to the lines going down to the passenger side. Can I just plug them, wind them up and stick them out of the way? or is it possible to actually remove it. If plugging is the way to go, what's my best option?

attachment.php

Now this is where a vacuum line plugged in, a cap should do the trick, right?

and the disconnected plug in the rear can just be hidden away as well?

thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 2,669
  • IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 3,328
  • Sponsors (?)

Trace the un-used vacuum lines back across to the passenger side. You will have to cut the wire loom off. When you trace it back to the passenger side, cut it to where the vacuum line is not noticable. Then, heat up the end where you cut it with a lighter, lick your fingers, and pinch down on the end real quick. Do that a few times and it will be sealed just fine.