how to replace valve cover bolt gasket ?

• Sponsors (?)

what you mean replace the whole thing ? last time I change the valve cover gasket, i bought from the dealer and they only came with the gasket for the valve cover, it not come for the bolt.

this made sound weird but, about a year ago I have major oils leak at the valve cover ( I dint know how to change the valve cover that time, so I take to my mechanic ) I went to autozone and bought fel-pro gasket, take it to my mechanic, it wont fix, i take it back and went to advance auto part and bought fel-pro, it still not fix, the hole for the bolt is not line up correctly, napa, oreilly, they all not fix, so he told me go to the dealer, the one from the dealer is fix perfect, but the one from the dealer is only came with the gasket for the valve cover, but not for the bolt.

Something I just found out just a few days ago when I had my problems is that Oreilys has the part numbers wrong on the car for some reason.

The valve cover gaskets that are by Fel-Pro and says it'll fit on your car has too many bolt holes. Ask them to show you the gaskets for the 4v DOHC and it'll match up. It costs more however but does come with the grommets.

Something I just found out just a few days ago when I had my problems is that Oreilys has the part numbers wrong on the car for some reason.

The valve cover gaskets that are by Fel-Pro and says it'll fit on your car has too many bolt holes. Ask them to show you the gaskets for the 4v DOHC and it'll match up. It costs more however but does come with the grommets.

I would try that tomorrow, one more question, I check and retorqe the plug the other day, and find out the plug under the bolt that leak oils is kinda dark and build up more then any other plug, is oil can get into plug if the grommets is bad ? thanks

i went to dealer today and order 2 grommet, cause i only saw 2 leak, its $3 each, anyway, how do i replace them, should I need to take off my valve cover ? please say no !

Thanks you, I will that tomorow when my part come. i keep it update. BTW what kind of socket do i need to get that bolt out ? seem like a very small long bolt.

update I found the socket, 5/8 long, any way do i need to use black rtv on the grommet or just install it without rtv ? thanks