How to take out aftermarket radio

• Sponsors (?)

rblcollee said:
I have a 96 GT and im getting a new cd player, but i want to know how is there any special way of taking the old one out? :shrug: i just dont want to break anything

Different aftermarket brands have different "keys" to remove them. You can go to a car audio shop and ask to borrow one of their keys/tools. it'll only take a few seconds to pop it out and then you can remove the chasis by prying up the metal tabs with a screw driver or similar tool. What brand are you removing??
there may be another way....afterall, the theives that stole my Kenwood unit a few years ago did it in less than ten minutes without leaving a scratch on the dash. The busted window was another thing.
WES

01PonyGT said:
Different aftermarket brands have different "keys" to remove them. You can go to a car audio shop and ask to borrow one of their keys/tools. it'll only take a few seconds to pop it out and then you can remove the chasis by prying up the metal tabs with a screw driver or similar tool. What brand are you removing??
there may be another way....afterall, the theives that stole my Kenwood unit a few years ago did it in less than ten minutes without leaving a scratch on the dash. The busted window was another thing.
WES

It's a alpine that was in the car when i got it. I hope i can get it out without the key. Can you buy a key?

go to any electronic store, circuit city, best buy, etc and they will have a thing called CD installation kits or somthing like that. it comes w/ every tool you need including the "key", which just looks like a two pronged fork.