how you know you drive a mustang

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for all the post on here im gonna add the new ones to the list later and bring them up at my next car club meeting...and the one at the drive thru is so me ...mickey ds has banned me from using the drive thru anymore...oh well

I bought my '90 back in '94 and at that time it was the LT1 I had in my sights. It didn't take much to get past a stock (LT1), especially since most in my area were automatics. Fast forward to '98 when the LS1 Fbod started making waves. I remember the first time I saw the 1/4 numbers in a mag. All I needed to see was that 106 mph trap speed, which is hardly the best they can do, and I knew it was on. "Uh-oh. Times for heads."

I never worried about the Vettes because I pretty much never came across them. When I do they are hardly interested in racing. That's still a good goal to have though. If you can beat a Vette then obviously you're going to have the Fbod covered.

Sure do.:nice:

The people who've never heard 10 holes called phone dials are the people who aren't old enough to have grown up with a rotary dial phone :lol:

The radio thing is so true. I have the cheapest POS stereo in my car because you'd go deaf trying to hear the radio over the exhaust. As for the Vettes, anymore i'm more concerned about the plane looking F body with the 20something guy driving it because those are the ones that are more likely to be modded. I figure the standard LS3 is rated at 430hp...and if the whole 15% drivetrain loss is close to correct then i'm at 416hp at the crank....i figure being 2880lbs i should have enough weight advantage to make up for the 14hp difference.

Reactions: 1 user
This is how you know you drive a Mustang. lol

2) Your first mod is flowmasters

IDK about the rest of the list but this is fact! lol I'm so bad now, I put Flows on my last vette and I'm gonna do it again on the current vette. I tell the guys on corvetteforum, "it's a stang thing, you wouldn't understand!" Also gonna put flows on my new Super Duty, and it's a diesel. :D

I figured this little story corresponds to the thread:
When we first got the mustang. My wife said its a "cop magnet". I asked why. She said "because its a flashy sports car". I just thought "she doesnt understand"
She has been driving it to work the past 3 days. She came home today and said "that car is a cop magnet!! I want to go back to driving my truck!!". I asked why..
She said "when driving it just makes you want to drive faster!!then you dont even realize how fast you are driving then drive faster... Then you take a corner and want to drive faster..."
Now she understands....

Reactions: 1 user