how you know you drive a mustang

Honestly my goal with mods is and has always been to beat a base model Vette in the quarter mile. I'm not sure why i set my sights so high, but i just have this picture in my head of a guy spending 50k on a Vette in his midlife crisis only to get blown away by my humble little beater. I think i'm pretty much there but i'd get raped on the highway.

• Sponsors (?)

#98. you cant stand mustang guys cause of half of the reasons on that list

You'd hate me... :(

Honestly my goal with mods is and has always been to beat a base model Vette in the quarter mile. I'm not sure why i set my sights so high, but i just have this picture in my head of a guy spending 50k on a Vette in his midlife crisis only to get blown away by my humble little beater. I think i'm pretty much there but i'd get raped on the highway.

I won't consider my car "done" until I can walk a base model vette. Ultimately, I'd like it to keep pace with a Z06 (up until about 150, haha). I don't know if its underdog mentality, or just that I believe you should build speed and not buy it, but those have been my goals since I bought the car at 17.

There's a fairly long tunnel getting on the freeway by my house. It's the long way home, but when in the stang...
Oh yeah. I love a good tunnel. :D Especially when I had the Flowmasters.

14) You turn your music down and roll down your window to hear another Mustang's exhaust.
This one is still my favorite. I could be in the middle of a conversation with someone but the second I hear a Mustang with exhaust coming down the road that person gets tuned out immediately (usually my wife). :rlaugh: A young guy in my neighborhood recently got a 99+ GT. I'm not sure of all his mods but it definitley has chambered mufflers and an x-pipe. That thing sounds sweet. I put my TV on mute whenever I hear him coming. lol

I bought my '90 back in '94 and at that time it was the LT1 I had in my sights. It didn't take much to get past a stock (LT1), especially since most in my area were automatics. Fast forward to '98 when the LS1 Fbod started making waves. I remember the first time I saw the 1/4 numbers in a mag. All I needed to see was that 106 mph trap speed, which is hardly the best they can do, and I knew it was on. "Uh-oh. Times for heads."

I never worried about the Vettes because I pretty much never came across them. When I do they are hardly interested in racing. That's still a good goal to have though. If you can beat a Vette then obviously you're going to have the Fbod covered.

Youre not far from me and I can tell you that I have raped me many a vette, highway and 1/4..:shrug:

Dont fear the 55 YO Caucasian man, whoop him! :D

#98) You can't take your car to the drive-thru anymore because no one can hear your order over your exhaust :nice:

Haha, Yeah for me my goal was never to really beat an LS1. All it was, was to have a super fun streetable Mustang with a Kenny Bell under the hood. :D Mission Accomplished