How's this sound?

4.6guru

New Member
Apr 15, 2005
36
0
0
Hey guys, I'm not new to mustangs but am new to sound systems. I've already got the 6 disk CD changer in the GT and I'd like to keep that, as well as my stock speakers. If this poses a problem, please let me know.

What I'm moving towards is dual 10" subs and an amp. I'd like to stick to alpine stuff, simply because I like how there stuff looks, and I've heard good things. Tell me what you think:

Subs: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-i8OYCFZNlnu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=500SWE1042
Amp: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-i8OYCFZNlnu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=500MRPT220
Box: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-i8OYCFZNlnu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=178650&I=044QLH10D7

Here are my questions: Will one amp be ok to run two subs? What else will I need for the installation besides what I listed above? Where can I find one of those trasparent enclosures...I think those are cool...? And is an equalizer necessary for me?

Thanks
 
That amp isnt big enough for those subs. you would have to run the amp in stereo to make that work and there isnt enough power. To use the amp in mono the subs are 4 ohm and wired together would be a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. The amp wont run mono 2 ohm it will shut down and at 8 ohms it would be way under powered. This alpine amp would drive 2 subs at 2 ohms with plenty of power. Alpine Amp
 
OK cool, what else will I need besides 2 subs, 1 amp, and an enclosure? Sorry if I sound ignorant when it come sto this stuff. I'm sure I will need many accessories, can someone throw down a quick list so I can start pricing the stuff? Just so you know, I'm not looking for people to hear me a mile away, I just want to have good, bassy music when I want it, but still in a high quality system, without draining my wallet. Thanks.