hp gains from mods

Hey all, its been awhile since i posted on here, back from the sandbox and working on doing some mods to my 01 GT...i was curious what everyone's input would be as far as what i can expect to see in horsepower gain from a catted mid-pipe and a magnaflow cat-back...i know it isnt much, the car is all stock right now, but all good projects have to start some where. thanks all, i look forward to hearing your input as far as what i can look forward to...take care.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

maybe 15 rwhp/10-20 tq... (I had a lot of bolt ons when I did my midpipe)

My mid-pipe was the biggest gain for SotP

I know I lost Tq when I went from Flows to SLP, but the sound was worth it (and yes I felt the loss in response at least)

Exhaust wise you can't really go wrong gains to be had all over even if it's 5hp at a time.

good call, every little mod is worth it...im going to try and keep myself from going too radical and just sticking to minor bolt ons...same thing i said about my 90 Fox that eventually turned out to not be very logical for a street car...thanks for the input...

screw that, every deployment I blow my wad on the car :)

IMO bolt ons not to pass up

1. Mid pipe
2. Cat back (not for HP, but sound... gotta live with it)
3. Shifter
4. gears of some sort
5. throttle body (plenum optional)
6. pullies or electric water pump (either or)
7. start the questionable mods at this point (I know headers aren't quesitonable HP wise, but for us military types that move a lot, they are a big decision and one PCS away from making the car illegal).. ie everything else

i like the way you think man...preciate the mil-mil understanding...the only thing from keeping that hole from being burnt in my pocket is a pecky ex-wife and final proceedings of the divorce...gotta get that practive wife BS burried and done with...thanks again for the input man...

Hey all, its been awhile since i posted on here, back from the sandbox and working on doing some mods to my 01 GT...i was curious what everyone's input would be as far as what i can expect to see in horsepower gain from a catted mid-pipe and a magnaflow cat-back...i know it isnt much, the car is all stock right now, but all good projects have to start some where. thanks all, i look forward to hearing your input as far as what i can look forward to...take care.

:flag:

I actually have a pretty accurate answer for you, I dyno'd my car completely bone stock and I had 215 RWHP. After I installed the magnapack catback I actually lost some torque and gained .5 RWHP. Once the Magnaflow catted-x was on, my final numbers were 219.5 RWHP.

i like the way you think man...preciate the mil-mil understanding...the only thing from keeping that hole from being burnt in my pocket is a pecky ex-wife and final proceedings of the divorce...gotta get that practive wife BS burried and done with...thanks again for the input man...

X got half my SRB... welcome to the club... the car will never leave you :) Good luck