HP Twin T57 03 Cobra vs KB 2.2/NX 60 Shot/Automatic 03 Cobra video!

• Sponsors (?)

Aliate X said:
$9,000 twin 57mm kit vs used $1,500 vortech on corral?

Ill take the supercharger and bolt it up the same day.

Everything has pros and cons, if turbos were all pro and no con, everyone would have a turbo on their car.

True but a turbo kit for a fox isnt $9000 and a blower for a Cobra isnt $1500 either lol. The only REAL con to turbos is the price for a street car. Unless you are racing in a class with rules. Turbos are getting way more affordable these days though.

grey5.0beast said:
still seem to be more problem prone...

Actually if you look at reliability stats, turbos do better than Prochargers, Powerdynes, KB's and even Vortechs which are considered the most reliable blowers besides an Eaton. There is a guy on the Corral that mostly road raced his car and ditched a Vortech for a turbo because of reliability when beating on it. Most turbos are made with oem style quality while most blower companys are just recreational parts that arent built with oem quality in mind. Of course anything will leave you stranded if you push it. It's too easy to overspin most superchargers when trying to make big power and belt slip is usually an issue.

Now getting a kit right can be an issue with alot of the no good turbo companys that have come and gone. Thats a whole different story though.

I know alot of locals with blowers on Cobras and other stuff and after running big boost and still coming up with less power, battling belt slip issues and head unit failures almost every one of them wishes they had went turbo at some point.

Aliate X said:

Everything has pros and cons, if turbos were all pro and no con, everyone would have a turbo on their car.

yes, the turbos are more expensive, but you're comparing apples to oranges. a blower kit for a cobra is 5k+, depeding on whether or not you're going KB or procharger, and yes, the turbo is more. turbo kits for foxes are still more expensive, but cost anywhere from 3k to 5k (and on up, depending on if you want a bigger turbo, etc.)

89white50 said:
i still love the sound of a KB more than anything, and it sure wasnt that far behind the TT cobra for the price difference. I mean compared to my car they would both make me **** myself.

Yea but forget the price difference, look at it, 18 psi and a 60 shot on race gas vs 15 psi and pump gas on the SAME EXACT ENGINE and the turbo car still gets out granny shifting. That turbo setup is capable of over 800 rwhp on the stock Cobra longblock. There is a KB 2.4 car that is gonna run the turbo car soon but it's pretty fast and also has a bottle and is 6 speed still. There is a T76 Cobra around too but he hasnt brought it out yet. Gonna be some interesting races!

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Yea but forget the price difference, look at it, 18 psi and a 60 shot on race gas vs 15 psi and pump gas on the SAME EXACT ENGINE and the turbo car still gets out granny shifting. That turbo setup is capable of over 800 rwhp on the stock Cobra longblock. There is a KB 2.4 car that is gonna run the turbo car soon but it's pretty fast and also has a bottle and is 6 speed still. There is a T76 Cobra around too but he hasnt brought it out yet. Gonna be some interesting races!
Speeds8erM-1, is the man. He always knows what he is talking about and never is biased towards anything, another good thing about him is when he speaks he speaks from experience or watching xxx car race xxx car. As easy as that guy was shifting the turbo car in that vid, if/when he starts rowing some gears your going to see that car move even more ass than it was.

Aliate X said:

Better luck next time, are you forgetting the price of KBs? Yeah a turbo kit will cost more but if you look at what you get when you buy a turbo kit you'll understand. It takes care of having to buy exhaust minus catback, and probably comes with a Kmember and A arms as well, some even come with caster/camber plates and coil overs for the front.

As for the $1500 Vortech, thats cool and all but I done my turbo kit on my car for around $1400/1500 and its just as nice as any kit you can buy except I didnt have it Jet Hot coated. Selling my Vortech to do my turbo kit was the best thing ive done for the car so far.

Back on topic, I would have either one of those cars in the vid.hehe:hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

92GreenGT said:
Speeds8erM-1, is the man. He always knows what he is talking about and never is biased towards anything, another good thing about him is when he speaks he speaks from experience or watching xxx car race xxx car. As easy as that guy was shifting the turbo car in that vid, if/when he starts rowing some gears your going to see that car move even more ass than it was.

Better luck next time, are you forgetting the price of KBs? Yeah a turbo kit will cost more but if you look at what you get when you buy a turbo kit you'll understand. It takes care of having to buy exhaust minus catback, and probably comes with a Kmember and A arms as well, some even come with caster/camber plates and coil overs for the front.

As for the $1500 Vortech, thats cool and all but I done my turbo kit on my car for around $1400/1500 and its just as nice as any kit you can buy except I didnt have it Jet Hot coated. Selling my Vortech to do my turbo kit was the best thing ive done for the car so far.

Back on topic, I would have either one of those cars in the vid.hehe:hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

Thanks heh. :D Yea the turbo kit also included tubular k member and a arms and all that good stuff. I am somewhat biased in some aspects but try to keep everybody from being so narrow minded online. I have driven, ridden in and setup races with so many different cars and setups, it makes you appreciate different things, even cars and setups that you dont like.

All I know is that turbo setup sounds so bad ass on that car, the amazing thing is how quiet it is at idle, all you hear is the fuel pump whining haha. I will see if I can post the dyno sheet for it.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Thanks heh. :D Yea the turbo kit also included tubular k member and a arms and all that good stuff. I am somewhat biased in some aspects but try to keep everybody from being so narrow minded online. I have driven, ridden in and setup races with so many different cars and setups, it makes you appreciate different things, even cars and setups that you dont like.

All I know is that turbo setup sounds so bad ass on that car, the amazing thing is how quiet it is at idle, all you hear is the fuel pump whining haha. I will see if I can post the dyno sheet for it.

it just adds to the sleeper effect (if they dont see the FMIC). turbos make the car so damn quiet at idle (if you can't hear the whine, some trims you can). the turbo kits for cobras come with much more than just the turbo (usually a tubular K member, etc, etc) so that the kit will fit very well.

Nothing sleeper about it when he floors it but at idle, you hear NOTHING. It's so quiet it's insane. The Aeromotive pump is LOUD though haha.

Here are some pics

Chad_HPTT_6.jpg

Chad_HPTT_5.jpg

Chad_HPTT_9_1.jpg

Chad_HPTT_10.jpg

Attachments

• Chad_HPTT_6.jpg
    Chad_HPTT_6.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Chad_HPTT_5.jpg
    Chad_HPTT_5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 60