I can't believe I'm gonna ask this but......

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
How much do you think is reasonable to ask for my car? Thinking of selling and buying this http://canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=23442367&pgno=1&srt=1
My car is in mint shape inside and out, 5 speed, no leather, power everything. Mostly stock exterior, 87,500 miles.
My car has the following mods:

Roughly 450rwhp (running 10 psi now, dynoed 370rwhp, 373 rwtq @6psi)
5.0 SHM Forged stroker (4000 miles on motor now)
ARP Main Studs
ARP Headstuds
Kenne Bell 1.7 Intercooled
Mac Straight Shot CAI
Accufab 75mm T Body
Crower Stage 2 Blower Cams
2004 PI Heads
Mac Longtubes
Mac Prochamber
Magnapack Catback
Pro 5.0 Shifter
SCT Excalibrator
MM Full Length SUbframes
FRPP 3.73's
Cobra High Volume Oil Pump
255lph Intank fuel pump
Autometer C2 Boost Gauge
Autometer C2 Fuel Pressure Gauge
2003 17x9 Cobra Rims Front
2003 17x10.5 Cobra Rims Back
Nitto 315's out back
Stainless bumper insert
Billet Shift Knob
Billet Shifter Bezel
Billet Gauge Cluster

I think that's it, can't think of anything else right now. Stupid, but I kinda want to start another project. I feel I'm finished with this one :shrug:. I know I can do suspension and other stuff but i really want that Cobra. It probably won't happen but I'm just curios as to what I could possibly get or what would be reasonable to ask.

Here's what she looks like at her best
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Sponsors (?)

TweekedGT, this is just my opinion - after following your buildup for so long I can't understand how you could want to get rid of your car. All that hard work and $$, just to be sold... for a slower car. Since I do not condone this, I will not speculate on the price of your car (we'll just say its priceless). Trust me though, theres always something more you can do, you just need to think of it. And IMHO, $35k for a car with ~42k miles is wayyyyy too much. And god what wheels are on there? They look like dubs

Keep the 96, do some wheelies and keep surprising people! :canada:

Just for the record, 2003' GT's are going for around $22,000~$24,000 and the Verts are $23,000~$26,000 here in Canada so I don't think the price they want for the Cobra is too out of line, I'm sure this time of year you could talk them down to 30ish. It could be tough to get what you want for your car, but if your patient someone will give you what you want, especially with the boom in the oil business as of late, there's lots of money around.

That's too much for a ragged on cobra even if it is $Canadian .

How about buy a newer body style mustang (convertible or coupe) that doesn't have or needs a motor and then swap over the engine and other good stuff. Do a new custom paint job.

Sounds like a good project to me and the only down time is when you swap motors.

if u buy it, dont let him deliver it. he'll beat the heck outta it. hard to tell how he drove it from 2 sentences tho. prolly like 25k into your car, youll get like 14 maybe a lil more if its somebody who appreciates the mods u done and understands them

stangGT97 said:
TweekedGT, this is just my opinion - after following your buildup for so long I can't understand how you could want to get rid of your car. All that hard work and $$, just to be sold... for a slower car. Since I do not condone this, I will not speculate on the price of your car (we'll just say its priceless). Trust me though, theres always something more you can do, you just need to think of it. And IMHO, $35k for a car with ~42k miles is wayyyyy too much. And god what wheels are on there? They look like dubs

Keep the 96, do some wheelies and keep surprising people! :canada:

Thanks man. It is really a part of me. I know that car inside out and backwards. I don't think I would really get rid of it, just one of those spur of the moment wants. If anything I would go Cobra Coupe, then I could still drag race it without a roll cage.

steveb24 said:
if u buy it, dont let him deliver it. he'll beat the heck outta it. hard to tell how he drove it from 2 sentences tho. prolly like 25k into your car, youll get like 14 maybe a lil more if its somebody who appreciates the mods u done and understands them

Ya, kinda what i figured. You never get out what you put in that's for sure. I spent $12 G's on the motor and blower alone last winter.