I did the dumbest thing today

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
We've been getting a lot of snow and it's been nice outside for awhile so I decided I'd go wash my Mustang. So my garage is on the side of the house and you have to make a 90 degree turn to get in. So I started back out and I was little to far to the right and I turned really sharp to avoid backing into my truck. Well I didn't notice that I hadn't cleared that molding that goes around the garage door opening and I clipped it. I said some swear words go out to see a nice white scrap about as big as my head on the side of my bumper. I was pissed, but I still went and washed it, got home and got out some rubbing compound that I've had for years and with some work it all came out.

I've got some pics of it on my phone, but how do I upload those on here?

• Sponsors (?)

damn. that sucks. thats what i'm afraid of getting a garage for. someone leaving something in the way or something then i go to back out.

send a picture message to your email address. make a contact for your email address then for the to- select that. thats how it works on my phone, could be different on yours.

use like photobucket or image shack. i never use attachments. i feel its alot smoother like htat.

and then after you upload, post the link. think it'd be the code like
for this board.

I noticed someone clipped my rear bumper yesterday after I washed my car. Hadn't noticed it while it was dirty (probably happened in the last week). There are two spots where the paints completely off down to the bumper and one larger abrasion spot.

img0127tt9.th.jpg

What I don't understand is how they hit those two points but didn't manage to tear the bumper up more? Anyway, my baby's cherry has been popped:(

Attachments

• img0127tt9.th.jpg
    img0127tt9.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 82
Man I hate to hear that .when i lived in the city everyone seemed to park by touch no respect for other cars. Those marks look like some of the dings i used to get from that. I always install "Bull Bars " on my suvs to bad they don't look good on the Bullitt.

Glad it was a somewhat easy fix for you.
I had a mishap as I was was backing up a year ago. I was making sure I didn't run over my tools and ramps on the driver side and had a "bump"...looked in the passenger side mirror...I ran into my dad's six week old Miata:eek: Chipped a few spots on his bumper and fender while chipping two spots on my bumper and put two creases in the quarter panel:mad:

Yeah it sucks, makes me feel better I'm not the only one though. That would have scared the crap out of me if I would have ripped off a scoop, did it leave any marks or anything like that?

Heres some before and after pics.

Before:
View attachment 275707

After:
View attachment 275709

It came out pretty good, just some light scratches I'll have to work on. It ended up not being as bad as I thought.