I got electrical problems

va01gtstang

Apr 28, 2005
So I replaced my battery and alternator with a 200 amp alternator and I did a wire upgrade with fuse for the higher output alternator. I'm still having voltage problems. The voltage problems aren't as bad as they were before the new alternator but now my car sometimes won't even start. Its not my started cuz it starts fine when it does start. Even when I try to jump my car, it sometimes will not work. And when I'm driving sometimes, the car will just die. Does anyone have any clue what my problem could be?

• Sponsors (?)

SteedaGTJ22 said:
this seems to be a common problem. Whoever has a 200 amp alternator, always seems to have problems with them. I wonder, is it that chrome alternator made by that company in PA??
No, its the natura finish one. I started having these problems even before the new alternator. I don't think it's the alternator but I may be wrong.

This just my thoughts but it seems at times your not charging, even with the new parts installed. Start tracing back the wires from your altenator, my father in-laws Iroc-z did this same thing and it ended up being a bad connection from the power wire from the altenator to the battery.
One more thought, it's possible that the bushes or the armature in your starter might have a bad spot causing this problem from time to time, when it happens do your headlight still work? Do they dim if you try to start it? If they do, that means you have power but your starter not engaging.

Let us know

Ram