I got some more questions for you V6 guys

I'm looking at purchasing a V6 mustang for daily driving.

I have found a 2004 with 59,000 miles on it for $3500 from a local repairable car lot. It has a clear title but it needs a new front bumper and airbags. The engine runs fine and the only body damage is the front bumper and the right side skirt is cracked. Other then that it is straight and the unibody is fine on it. What kind of things do I need to look out for on this car before I buy it?

I've also found a 96-98 5 speed for $3000. It is in great shape but it has 168,000 miles on it. What are some of the major mechanical failures to look for on these V6 cars? The car looks brand new but the mileage is the only thing holding me back from buying it.

Pretty much I want to know what are the common things that go wrong with the V6 engine.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go with the newer one, because of the lower mileage, and also the 1999 and up V6 has 40 more horsepower than the 1998. As for things to look out for, I have never had a problem with mine and it's up to 124,000 miles. I assume my car has a check engine light, but I've never seen it light up, so I'm not sure!

Nothing so far as mechanical problems. My 2001 is running great and just hit 98k. It's a nice DD and I enjoy the slightly better gas mileage than my V8. Just keep up with the maintenance schedule and it will be fine.

I wouldn't buy either one. A wrecked car never drives the same from my experience. And the latter has way to many miles unless the engine was rebuilt or replaced.

But if you have no choice...I'd go with the high milage car but I would beat them up on the price.

After airbags and paint, that car ends up being not so good of a deal.

But on the V6es you want to watch out for exhaust manifold leaks. Some here have said, it's because the actual manifold cracks, which would suck.