i guess i'm back...

arwww681

Jun 22, 2020
san diego
i'm back to the forums and wanted to start a new chapter with a new classic mustang. I usedd to be on here daily with my old turbocharged 67 which was sold about 5 years ago to a good home, i check in on it from time to time on instagram. LOL. Anyway, my is Rich and here is my current project that i have been working on.

1966 coupe:
CPP front suspension, 94 5.0 with edelbrock performer heads, sniper EFI, cable clutch 5 speed, all wheel power disc brakes, 2005 disc brake conversion, jba headers, x pipe, sway bars with 2005 GT wheels. Pony interior 66 stang 66stang.JPG 66interior.jpg 66sniper.jpg
66stang.JPG

• Hell Yeah!
  • Clever
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

What do you think of the CPP suspension? I've been looking at it but can't seem to find anyone who actually has it to tell me about it.
I had a shop at one point in my life where i did many stock front suspension rebuilds, shelby drops with better coil springs and shocks, then also the coil over suspension upgrades. Honestly this is deffinelty better that a standard rebuild with shelby drop and springs and sway bars. it seems handle much smoother with the lower A arm instead of the just the lower control arm.Other benefit is that this kit has a lower ecentric adjuster. with 1 1/4" spacers on these 17x8 45mm rims i can fit 245/45/17's up front with no issues and no tire rubbing but i ordered a set of 235/35/17's for all four corners. The 245 just look huge in the 66 fender well. next purchase is a rack and pinion over the stock power steeting, this i believe will do what i need it to do which is a fun cruiser and potentially a weekend track runner if i get up the nerve. I had an AJE kit on the last mustang, this i like better and for the money you speed compared to TCP and other coil overs, i think this is a great set up.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a shop at one point in my life where i did many stock front suspension rebuilds, shelby drops with better coil springs and shocks, then also the coil over suspension upgrades. Honestly this is deffinelty better that a standard rebuild with shelby drop and springs and sway bars. it seems handle much smoother with the lower A arm instead of the just the lower control arm.Other benefit is that this kit has a lower ecentric adjuster. with 1 1/4" spacers on these 17x8 45mm rims i can fit 245/45/17's up front with no issues and no tire rubbing but i ordered a set of 235/35/17's for all four corners. The 245 just look huge in the 66 fender well. next purchase is a rack and pinion over the stock power steeting, this i believe will do what i need it to do which is a fun cruiser and potentially a weekend track runner if i get up the nerve. I had an AJE kit on the last mustang, this i like better and for the money you speed compared to TCP and other coil overs, i think this is a great set up.
Thank you for all the info, I'll look into them