I hate crown vics

• Sponsors (?)

No problem...as you can tell from what I just posted...I fully understand how people can get confused this late on a Friday night.:cheers:

Try driving in Florida and you'll see that there's very little time for petty **** between the old people and the non-English-speaking. We also have people flocking here from other states, and bringing their out-of-state driving styles with them.

Oh, I have driven in FLA ..when I am not posting on stangnet ...:chair: :) :SNSign:

Agree but...

Youve seen people drive, they can't thats a fact! and then they are allowed to eat, drink, watch movies while driving. and worst of all talk on their cell phone and run people off the road :mad:

thats why there is speed limits. If you were to go as fast as you wanted then the slower people would switch lanes cause you to swerve out of the way and crash.

ALTHOUGH I dont know why the speed limit on I-4 is 50mph in some areas, and it also doesn't help that every body has to drop their speed down from 60 to 25mph just to look at a freaking car on the side of the road.:mad: Thats why I-4 traffic is so bad.

Its very funny how I Got a little :OT: but Its TRUE.

FHP doesn't have quotas, but they want us to write a certain amount of tickets per hour of patrol. I could really care less about the quantity of tickets I write. I go after the severe stuff such as reckless drivers, high rollers, etc. Many cops think they are saving the world when they write someone for doing 10mph over. I dont know why some people are like that though. I dont even stop someone unless they are doing at least 20mph over. I see nothing wrong with stopping someone for doing 10mph over, but I just cant bring myself to write them a $160 ticket when there is some moron out there doing over 100mph and cutting around cars. It all depends on your personality as a cop. I just get no pleasure in stopping people for "lame" stuff. I guess Im an adrenaline junky and require a little more to stay entertained.

These marked cars we have def make this job SUPER boring. Everyone behaves when they see that marked car right beside them. A question was asked about the Camaros. Those cars were given to people FHP considered to be "high activity". Many of those "high activity" people though never even used the cars to catch speeders. I know guys that would cruise around in them and write people for window tint. Some guys would write 4 window tint tickets to one person, so by the end of the week the trooper would easily have over 50 tickets. I think this is REALLY lame!! I dont write many tickets (15-30 a week), but my tickets are VERY good. People like me are the ones that need cars like camaros/mustangs, but we would never get them because I refuse to write lame tickets. That's just the way the ball rolls I guess.:rolleyes:

michigan has quotas... its pretty messed up at the begining of any given month i can do a burn out on the roads and get let go or get pulled over for 15 or more over and let go but at the end of a month i get a ticket for going 5 over....justify that...

i dont know how it is everywhere else but to be a cop here you have to have 2-4 years of college...and then our failing economy closed most of our prision to save cash i think michigan is going to turn into atlantis.... this state sucks !!!!!!

They're always waiting outside one of our local drag strips catching people. Around here, some of the cities have the New Chargers as their patrol cars. Locally, we also have a lightly modded SRT4 cop car, New Impalas, Tahoes, a big lifted ford truck, Mustang, Magnums, and so on. A shop down the street from our shop builds them, and most of the ones I mentioned aren't marked. Sneaky sneaky.

030107_06462.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

LOL!!! On the Modded SRT-4. Hes not doing his job. My friend raced it up to like 110 and the cop pulled out his arm to show his shirt which had a badge in it. LOL!!! He said it was cool, that he was off duty :lol: :D :rlaugh: I've also seen a STI as a cop car around tempe, good thing he not undercover cuz it says TPD and the car is white and black

i dont see how the plain cop cars are legal.... here when a cop sits to bust someone he must be fully visiable from one side so he cant put his car in the center of a bush and just pop out...but they are allowed to have unmarker cars like that here...i dont see there justifacation lol

I drive a 2001 Supercharged mustang gt and my department also has a
07 Dodge Ram Hemi
06 F-150
2 harley's
Escape- F-in joke
and a
Minivan:eek: - thats right, there is nothing more embarrising than to be pulled over by a minivan

FHP doesn't have quotas, but they want us to write a certain amount of tickets per hour of patrol. I could really care less about the quantity of tickets I write. I go after the severe stuff such as reckless drivers, high rollers, etc. Many cops think they are saving the world when they write someone for doing 10mph over. I dont know why some people are like that though. I dont even stop someone unless they are doing at least 20mph over. I see nothing wrong with stopping someone for doing 10mph over, but I just cant bring myself to write them a $160 ticket when there is some moron out there doing over 100mph and cutting around cars. It all depends on your personality as a cop. I just get no pleasure in stopping people for "lame" stuff. I guess Im an adrenaline junky and require a little more to stay entertained.

These marked cars we have def make this job SUPER boring. Everyone behaves when they see that marked car right beside them. A question was asked about the Camaros. Those cars were given to people FHP considered to be "high activity". Many of those "high activity" people though never even used the cars to catch speeders. I know guys that would cruise around in them and write people for window tint. Some guys would write 4 window tint tickets to one person, so by the end of the week the trooper would easily have over 50 tickets. I think this is REALLY lame!! I dont write many tickets (15-30 a week), but my tickets are VERY good. People like me are the ones that need cars like camaros/mustangs, but we would never get them because I refuse to write lame tickets. That's just the way the ball rolls I guess.:rolleyes:

You seem like a pretty level headed policeman. It is cool to hear from some of you all. That is interesting that you are pressured to ticket people though.. It almost sounds like commissioned sales that some of my friends do where their "scores" are put up on a monthly board. Not to say that is the case, just seems similar. It also depends on how easy it is to find those .. legitimate tickets like you said. Sounds like in FLA, you have plenty to go around but by doing your job the way YOU do, the roads ARE actually safer - in my o. But hey I am just one civilian.

As to the minivan pulling people over, that is pretty funny. I bet you guys hate driving that though, lol. :D You should put a soccer ball on the back! :)

Honestly though...Cops need to put a LOT more time into catching real criminals and terrorists than someone doing 13 over. There is so much effort put int B.S. ticketing like that just to make the state money. The system is messed up.

Most cops wont pull you over for less than 15 above the limit because its just a waste of time. i think if we made the driver's test much more difficult and comprehensive, and drivers had to retest every couple years, we could greatly reduce the amount of traffic cops on the road and redirect them to more important tasks. Unfortunately, any moron that can paralell park and 3pt turn gets their license, so we have a ton of bad drivers on the roads and a ton of cops waiting for them to mess up. My buddy passed his driving test perfect score on the first time and he's had 4 accidents, totaled one truck, almost totalled a second, got a few tickets, and scared the piss out of his passengers on many an occasion, lol.

i dont judge driving test on anything .....and accidents can happen to anyone so i think if someone is really doing something wrong then pull them over when a group of traffic is going 5-10 over and i get pulled over it completely pisses me off... when 2 seconds earlier some ricer is swerving between lanes in and out and a crotch rocket passed me 5 miles back doing a wheelie going a 100 mph its complete **** i can see 15 up but anything less its there intentions to pull you over and hope to find something else maybe no belts on or alcohol in the car