i just did my first lowering spring install

johnnyt03gt

5 Year Member
Mar 15, 2008
dallas TX
i just did my first lowering spring install

it took a lot to over came my fear of the spring jumping out and hitting me in the face i have to say it was so easy level of difficulty on a 1-10 i would say it ranks a 3 just because you do have to be very carefully the whole time

the only problems i had was i had to work on it in the driveway which is all sand & rocks so tools would get lost in the sand constantly 2nd problem i had was as i was finishing up i forget to lineup the end link stud into the sway bar, i was only able to complete the driver side because
i also installed CC plates and bump steer ket plus i started late ima do the outer side tomorrow
and the rears next week when i get new shocks to go along with my LCA's

im so glad i did it myself kinda makes me feel like a bigger man LOL thank you all answering all my never ending questions :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Glad you were able to get it done.

It's not a bad job at all, and when you drop the a-arm in the front, it takes the spring unloading into your face pressure off of it, lol.

yeah i just did mine too for the first time last month and decided to take the iso's out and i did the front in like an hour and the back in an hour the second time around. Not hard at all once you know how to do it. I just did my first clutch install and that was a pain, never again unless i have a tranny jack!

It was that fear of all that potential energy in the compressed springs that forced me to have them professionally installed on my previous mustang. I think Im going to grow some balls and do it myself on my current mustang.

yeah i just did mine too for the first time last month and decided to take the iso's out and i did the front in like an hour and the back in an hour the second time around. Not hard at all once you know how to do it. I just did my first clutch install and that was a pain, never again unless i have a tranny jack!

i here lots of people taking out the iso's what springs do u have? i have sport lines so ima see
how low it gets in a few weeks after they settle

as for my clutch it's got 88k on it slowly going out i thought about replacing it myself but i hate
working under a car that's why im letting a shop do it plus if they f@#c anything up they are responsible

OH i have a question should i get an alignment now or next after the springs settle ? i don't care about the front tires their shot already ?