I need Bloodhound help tracking a car

Well when I moved out to Wyoming it was for work. But I've also found a veritable goldmine of Mustangs. I have one in my sights, an original 71 Mach 1 sitting in a field, apparently abandoned. I got pics which my limited computer skills prevent me from posting(let me know how and I'll post em right up) and had a friend run the VIN. She isn't hot and hasn't been titled since the 70's. How to proceed finding who, if anyone, owns her? Ideas anyone?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Well when I moved out to Wyoming it was for work. But I've also found a veritable goldmine of Mustangs. I have one in my sights, an original 71 Mach 1 sitting in a field, apparently abandoned. I got pics which my limited computer skills prevent me from posting(let me know how and I'll post em right up) and had a friend run the VIN. She isn't hot and hasn't been titled since the 70's. How to proceed finding who, if anyone, owns her? Ideas anyone?:shrug:

Not sure how it works up there, but in Texas you used to be able to take the VIN to the county courthouse and file lost title application papers with the state.... I think you could then be issued a bonded title and if no one contested it in something like three years, the car was yours. Been about 15 years since I looked into it, but it's worth a shot.

There are also states that never titled new vehicles until the 90's. There are private companies in these states who will, for a fee issue you a title under that VIN. I was told a which states, but can't remember...Louisiana, maybe Maine, And possibly Montana, but don't quote me on that... been a while on that, too. Google it.

I got the property owners, its an oil drilling company that leases it for all the guys who work there to live on while they are in town, I'll be calling or stopping by their shop first chance. I have a police officer who was good enough to run the VIN and found it hadn't been titled since 78, its not hot and no record of the owner. My next step is that same courthouse for a title search, I'm told by folks here that would know thats the best way to proceed. If I could figure out how to post these pics you'd see what I saw, I almost drove off a 65 MPH road when I forst saw it, red with Mach stripes and rear window louvers pearched on this hilltop behind a mid 70's dump truck. I had the Stang radar on that day. And the way she's been modified, these mods haven't been available since the 70's, old Kelly tires, spoke hubcaps with extra cheese, and the little steering wheel I think is illegal. Seriously, the guy who parked it here did it a LONG time ago, and if he passed away in the meantime, she just fell through the cracks. I'll keep yall updated!

Get a photobucket.com account and follow the directions. Then use
tags to post it. N00B! Haha.

Seriously, the guy who parked it here did it a LONG time ago, and if he passed away in the meantime, she just fell through the cracks. I'll keep yall updated!

Prolly left there by some ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT (come get me liberals) who got himself cuffed and sent back over the river.

Get a photobucket.com account and follow the directions. Then use
tags to post it. N00B! Haha.

Huh? You called? :D