IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg
IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg
I am about to buy a mustang 1967 they want $23,500 the car was a 6 cylinder and was upgraded to a v8 this is some pictures and description of the car, any comments good or bad are welcome.

Blue · 8 Cylinder · 1,300 miles

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe

302 V-8 bored out 351, 5-speed - professionally restored

Here is a classic 1967 Ford Mustang coupe. It has been restored from the ground up, inside and out, having plenty of brand new components. Color is Cobalt blue with white double racing stripes and with black vinyl interior. The exterior is in excellent condition; the body is straight, free from any dings, dents, scratches, or rust etc… and the paint job is nicely done. Everything is uniform, straight, and kept to original specs. All the trim, the door handles, side mirrors, bumpers, chrome pieces, emblems / badges etc… are all re-finished or new and replaced, all in excellent condition. All weather stripping and moldings are brand new. The rear end is also new. The car is always clean and used more as a weekend driver. The BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires are brand new with plenty of tread, sizes P206/60/R15’s in front and P235/60/R15’s in rear. The 15” American Racing rims are new in top shape. It also has original California license plates. Overall, the exterior has been executed nicely and is very appealing.

The engine is a newly rebuilt 302 V8 bored out to 351 with a 5 speed transmission with approx. 1,300 miles. The engine has been completely professionally rebuilt with great attention to detail and the entire process documented. Some BRAND NEW / UPGRADED components include: new front disc brakes, new ball joints, new air shocks, new springs, brand new hoses / cables / and belts, chrome accessories, and much more! Plenty of the components have been replaced and are brand new. The engine runs very strong and performs in TOP form. All documentation of the restoration, papers, pictures, and clear title on hand.

The interior has plenty of brand new / upgraded components as well and is very clean! Brand new interior components include: brand new black vinyl seats and interior, all brand new carpet, brand new trunk kit with carpet, brand new headliner, new dash cluster, original radio with amplifier + speakers, a brand new rear view mirror, all brand new door panels and hardware, brand new weather seals + stripping, and much more! Overall, everything in the interior is new, nicely done, and looks great!

It’s an ideal classic 67' Ford Mustang Coupe to own. Everything executed nicely with attention to detail. It has a clean+clear title and all paperwork is on hand for verification. Owner is parting ways as he is looking to start another “project car”.

• Sponsors (?)

If it was a collector buying, they would try to negotiate down to ~$18k, because it was a v6, and the tranny is non-stock. They might not get that, though.

Really though, the price it's worth depends on who is buying and what is valuable to them.

Someone looking for a show car would shy away from the new components and v8/5-speed conversion, but somebody looking to drive it would be willing to pay more.

Personally, I prefer a car to drive with newer, better components, so I would negotiate a little lower (that's how you buy any car) and buy it.

I hope this helps, and don't quote me on this. I have about as much experience as anyone else who jumped in over their head.

Reactions: 1 user
If it was a collector buying, they would try to negotiate down to ~$18k, because it was a v6, and the tranny is non-stock. They might not get that, though.

Really though, the price it's worth depends on who is buying and what is valuable to them.

Someone looking for a show car would shy away from the new components and v8/5-speed conversion, but somebody looking to drive it would be willing to pay more.

Personally, I prefer a car to drive with newer, better components, so I would negotiate a little lower (that's how you buy any car) and buy it.

I hope this helps, and don't quote me on this. I have about as much experience as anyone else who jumped in over their head.
Thank you so much for your time to reply, I drove this car and drives beautifully, but I am trying to get some feed back from all the experts before I let go of the money's

That is a high price for a coupe ,even nicely done ,especialy being a factory 6 . If he would drop to around 18k it would probanly be worth it .i would look the under side over very well .Check inside the trunk ,look at the trunk floor and inside quarters for buckling from a colision ,this is usuall over looked when they restore a damaged car .also look in the top of the quarters for overlapped pannels ,another sign of a wreck at one time .

Reactions: 1 users
That is a high price for a coupe ,even nicely done ,especialy being a factory 6 . If he would drop to around 18k it would probanly be worth it .i would look the under side over very well .Check inside the trunk ,look at the trunk floor and inside quarters for buckling from a colision ,this is usuall over looked when they restore a damaged car .also look in the top of the quarters for overlapped pannels ,another sign of a wreck at one time .
Thank you for your advice, all is welcome at this point, thank you guys.

I'm with horse sence.

Resto-modded cars at $20k+ scare the daylights out of me. they have a high chance of being a mechanical nightmare, if done wrong, which I would say happens a majority of the time.

My apologies imp straight 6, thank your for noticing that in one of the comments, so what you think of this mustang?
Well, truthfully, it looks too good to be true, but then, given 50 years since, it may be entirely possible the car was actually restored to original condition. Truthfully, when I was a young man back then, and ordered one new in August 1964, their paint quality, appearance-wise was less than these pics show, and that from the factory.

It's a beautiful car, it's a lot of dough, it's finally your decision. If you can well afford to put that kind of money in it, I would love to see you buy it! Keep in mind, back in my day, the first T-birds, 55, 56, 57, were THE IN cars to get ahold of. 20, 30 years ago they peaked around $20,000 to $30,000. Then fell into disfavor. But, they're coming back, but many years later. One's own age enters into this equation, too. If I, at 75, bought a '67 Mustang today, and overpaid going price, I'm DEAD before realizing gain.

Think these things through completely, before making the decision. Remember, another opportunity will come around, if you wait. imp

I will not weigh in on what the price should or should not be. Personally I'm bored by factory restorations, just not my cup of tea unless it was some rare variant or there were less than a thousand of them made. I've added 4 wheel discs to mine (used to only have front disc) plus overdrive and a rack and pinion, so my tastes lean hard towards living with a driver.

One thing that should send you running away is rust. There is NO WAY it can be repaired at a reasonable price. Several areas of these cars had no rust prevention at all, not even a shot of primer. Inside the doors is one of the most notorious places, of course the cowl area and rear quarters behind the wheels too.

If it is rust free and you love it I say go for it.

I will not weigh in on what the price should or should not be. Personally I'm bored by factory restorations, just not my cup of tea unless it was some rare variant or there were less than a thousand of them made. I've added 4 wheel discs to mine (used to only have front disc) plus overdrive and a rack and pinion, so my tastes lean hard towards living with a driver.

One thing that should send you running away is rust. There is NO WAY it can be repaired at a reasonable price. Several areas of these cars had no rust prevention at all, not even a shot of primer. Inside the doors is one of the most notorious places, of course the cowl area and rear quarters behind the wheels too.

If it is rust free and you love it I say go for it.
Thank you Edbert, I appreciate your opinion.

I am always impressed by the total lack of rust present in cars decades old, out here in the Mohave Desert. Buying a used vehicle here involves previous titling check: if CA, NV, or AZ all it's life, you can lie beneath hit, hit something with a hammer, and no rust flakes fall in yer eyes! imp

I am always impressed by the total lack of rust present in cars decades old, out here in the Mohave Desert. Buying a used vehicle here involves previous titling check: if CA, NV, or AZ all it's life, you can lie beneath hit, hit something with a hammer, and no rust flakes fall in yer eyes! imp
No rust to my knowledge, I checked carefully at the bottom and door panels, thank you for your advise.