I NEED MORE TECHNICAL ARTICLES

• Sponsors (?)

WORTH said:
Don't exagerate, I've never seen a discussion about the ground screw on the right taillight panel. :D

OK, I MAY have fibbed just a little. The ground screw is a self grounding screw because of it's connection with the grounded body when installed correctly. Failure to clean and inspect this screw periodically can result in the failure of the lamp and in turn, may allow for a rearend collision, which with the location of the fuel tank would allow for an explosion which would kill your sorry ass. :D

Ozsum2 said:
OK, I MAY have fibbed just a little. The ground screw is a self grounding screw because of it's connection with the grounded body when installed correctly. Failure to clean and inspect this screw periodically can result in the failure of the lamp and in turn, may allow for a rearend collision, which with the location of the fuel tank would allow for an explosion which would kill your sorry ass. :D
\

LMFAO, I stand corrected :D

Well, first I think you need to catagorize your tech better. I looked at the painting your interior and it looks like its dedicated to late models. I think you ought to break it down a bit instead of just listing them, or, add to the title what your covering, year wise. Oboebrian has a bunch of stuff he's saved on his website, what we really need is a good article on converting from a I-6 to a V8 as that is asked all the time. Opentracker has been making some neat mods, I think Worth has been doing some neat stuff too. Corpse did a bunch of stuff. Historicmustang does some cheap handling mods and Hopkinator has been converting a real Shelby GT-500 into a Eleanor clone. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty of people out, Mustang Steve has some neat mods on his site, but I don't know if he contributes over here or not.

Thanks for the input and contacts!

I pretty much just started this volunteering thing, and I'm still going through the open source manual to learn Mambo. Right now I don't have enough articles to break down into catagories, but once I do, I will contact Mr. Aburn about it to see if it meets with his approval (it is, after all, his site).

I could change the title of the paining how-to, but until I get some more articles on more types of Mustangs, it'll stand as is. I don't know ANYTHING about the year one's, so I leave that up to the experts here. I've had my 98 for five years now, and I've pretty much torn everything apart on it except the engine. So when that happens, I'll start writing about it.

As always, if anyone stumbles across an article, let me know about it - I can't post articles from other sites, so a re-write would be in order from the submitter.

Thanks again. :nice:

Do you work for StangNet? If not, how'd you get authority to take on this project? We've been clammoring for years to get something like this up as, short of paint or new products, there isn't a whole lot that you can do on these cars that hasn't already been done. We also wanted a FAQ page, which would take care of a bunch of the same old questions. I wished we had known that some of the stuff would get taken off in the past so someone could have saved it, this is what Oboebrian has been doing.

No, I don’t work for Stangnet. Its just that my job allows me to have more free time than most. I volunteered to do this due to the fact that I've been writing IT manuals/instructions for roughly 17 years. I like to write as well as learn while doing it.

This whole thing came about from someone posting something in the 4.6 forums three or four months ago maybe. I volunteered to collect, proof read, and if necessary try to validate some of the things people would like to write about and submit. I also scour the net for pics to include if needed.

Mr. Aburn, who owns the site, I'm going to assume has a lot on his plate, and just needs some help building his vision of THE Mustang site. I find this place to be more inviting than some of the others out there, and genuinely find the people here to be more intelligent than most others when they aren’t bashing my six.

Anyway, even if you just send me links to past posted articles from these threads, I'll do my best to compile and post them in a presentable manner. I’m assuming, but I imagine a lot of stuff was lost when they converted major portions of this site over to Mambo Open Source. I wasn’t a part of it, so I can’t really tell you exactly.

As far a FAQ page, that would be a great idea, as everyone gets a little tired of answering the same questions over again. It doesn’t matter if some mods have been done to death, as someone will always have a question about them.

So, in short, gimme, gimme, gimme!!!

I'm in. As a magazine writer I do this sort of stuff for a living.

I can give you just about anything you need as it applys to a 1970 Mach 1. :D

While I've wrenched a fair amount, this is my first Mustang project, so I can give the perspective of the beginner pretty well.

I asume you will give credit where credit is due? What about royalty checks? :D Being able to chat with a live person can be helpful, but mostly the Ford Shop Manual answer all questions.

MarvinMyCat said:
Nice links, I read through some of them. I had teh ALLDATA, but it went dead after a few months.

I love the articles, but I can't use them as that constitutes plagiarism. I can only put up articles created by our very own member's little fingers on the keyboard.

Thanks Again.

I don't think it is plagerism as long as you give credit to the author. You are simply quoting him or her.

Nice links, I read through some of them. I had teh ALLDATA, but it went dead after a few months.

I love the articles, but I can't use them as that constitutes plagiarism. I can only put up articles created by our very own member's little fingers on the keyboard.

Thanks Again.

I'll have to ask the owner of teh site then. I'm glad you have a working ALLDATA link! :nice:

Do me a favor and leave me some nasty NEGATIVE feedback while you're at it. I'm down 6 points in the running.

Again, great links. I'll have to do some legwork on these!

I have about 4 times as many tech articles and write-ups that i've researched including a very in depth I6-V8 swap 'manual' along with body, paint, upholstery, and tons that others have done book marked. I just haven't had time to fully organize, write them up, and or spend time editing them for web content yet. In my articles I believe in showing detailed step-by-step pictures along with indepth written documentation, in some cases (such as installing stripe kits) i also have video footage. These methods apeal to many people's method of learning and retention.

Between working full time, owning and running an investment firm, going to school, raising guide dogs, I just haven't had much time to devote to the write-ups. But I still try to fit in an hour or two to work on them a week. But to do these write-ups correctly and all the research that goes into them takes hours to do. Basically for one of my in depth write-ups it takes me about 12 hours to organize and do. This includes hours researching and talking to people on how they did it along with documenting my way of doing things. Then editing the pictures, editing the website, checking concours & safety facts etc.

Just to let everyone know, I'm on page 20 of 50+ pages in the I6-V8 swap manual, page 32 out of 60+ of the Home Painting Manual, and page 10 of the DIY Home Mustang upholstery Manual.

But all this attention to detail equates to over 2,500 unique visitors a month and on some months over 10,000 legimate visitors to my website. I also answer about 2-3 tech/part questions a day from other mustang and ford fans. I'm not complaining, I actualy love it and want to do more for our hobby :flag: :D . I just want to make you aware of the huge time sink to do all this correctly and in depth :)

-Brian
www.desertmustangs.com

BTW I found that I need to schedule more than 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Although I don't know how I'm going to do it ;)