I need some help :/

masterpoof

Mar 20, 2024
new jersey
i have a 2007 mustang V6. i want to install LED floor lights on my car but to power it you'll need to connect it to the cigarette charger. if you cut the cigarette plug out from the LEDS there will be a red and black wire. i want to connect these wires to the headlight switches so when i turn on my headlights the LEDS turn on. If theres any way i can wire in them to the Headlight switch and generate power to them please send a message.

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 2007 mustang V6. i want to install LED floor lights on my car but to power it you'll need to connect it to the cigarette charger. if you cut the cigarette plug out from the LEDS there will be a red and black wire. i want to connect these wires to the headlight switches so when i turn on my headlights the LEDS turn on. If theres any way i can wire in them to the Headlight switch and generate power to them please send a message.
mqdefault.jpg
61TVMoLz7NL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

LEDs take very little juice so you should be able just to tap into the illumination circuit
That used to be just the 5 amp fuse in the panel on the older ones
You get a EVTM to be sure, or use your owners manual to track down the illumination fuse in yours
Tap into it there, using a fuse tap, or just cramming the wire into the socket then installing the fuse
Enjoy the LEDs
If you have a bunch of them, you could add a relay and still use that one wire to trigger the relay
Good luck

Reactions: 1 user