I need some opinions please

Alright....

As some of you might know, my car was was totaled out due to flood damage. Water got in the floor boards, but did not reach the computer or fuse panel. The motor is blown up. It has a rod knock. Now, the insurance company has given me the car back, and gave me a check for $6,600. It will start and run right now, it just has a horrible rod knock.

I can't make my mind up if I should just part the car out, and move on. Or if I should go ahead and build a motor for it and keep the car. In all honesty, I love the car to death. It's been my favorite car I have ever owned. The thought of selling it off just makes me depressed. But at the same time, I am scared that the car will turn into a big headache. It wont be a daily driver anymore if I put a motor in it btw.

I just want some opinions/guidance

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on it? Have you removed the carpet? Flood damaged cars are a technicians dream as far as hours of work they take... you have to check everything.

I'd advice to tear it completely down and then reassess.

Buy new carpet....remove every ounce of weight from the car....you can make it weigh 2700lbs if you pull the right stuff...shove new kickass motor in it, go destroy everyone in your path! Oh and don't forget to buy a beater car while the car is down

Tough choice.

1. Build a motor and tranny that can handle a 300 shot since you are already running nitrous. Do some nice wheelies! Since you already have a good suspension.
2. Refresh your motor with forged parts and run a blower.
3. If you dont mind having a car payment 6k is a nice down payment on a Terminator or used 3v Roush or Saleen. You can find some good deals on the 3v specialty cars.
4. Purchase a used NA 4v cobra and run your nitrous set up on it.

Just some suggestions.

Did the insurance company salvage title the car out? If so, I would likely part it out, sell the shell to someone else to use as a race car and use the money as a down payment on a newer kickass car.

Depends on what you want out of that car or it's replacement.

If you are looking for a car to drive, I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat. If you want to build a street/strip car, I'd keep it. With the supporting suspension/drivetrain mods you have, you already have a great foundation for a very fast car. Pull some weight out as you through it, shove a kick-ass motor in, and hello single digit street car.

If what happened to you, happened to me, I would keep my car. I would gut the interior, clean up the areas water reached with a wire wheel then paint (if any rust exists). Then I would, install a roll cage, install new carpet, do a rear seat delete, install lightweight aftermarket racing seats that are not 'rice'. Then I would put every last cent into making it a beast. Which route you take is up to you... being that you already have a plate kit and you like spray, you could stay that route, build a high compression short block and spray the hell out of it. Then again, you could keep the spray, build a stout short block with low compression and add a centri with big boost... The possibilities are endless. You have a very solid car to start with.