I Searched Before Asking This Question About Headlights

GEAR HEAD

May 14, 2005
The middle main headlamp is working on both the driver and passenger side and that is all. The blinkers will work when turned on and the reverse and brake lights work when pressed but the lights do not come on when you push on the headlamp switch.

What to replace/check???

I have checked all fuses which revealed nothing.
I have replaced the ignition Switch.
*What do you look for or check when checking grounds?
What next?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so when you turn your lights on, only your headlights turn on? Parking lights front and rear stay off?

BUT when you hit your blinkers, the lights suddenly work? Both front and back work? And when you press the brake pedal you brake lights come on?

Chances are you're going to have to get a voltmeter and the wiring schematic and start tracing voltages and checking conductivity in your lines. I'm betting there is a short in the common ground or your not getting power to those parking lights in the first place.

Middle headlamps come on when I turn on the headlamp switch and that is it. The parking, corner, and all tailights DO NOT come on when I turn on the switch.

BUT for instance while driving if I turn the blinkers on they work, the reverse lights work, and the brake lights work when the brakes are applied.

Try replacing the main light switch.

EVTM shows: "None of the exterior lamps light - but Headlamps function normally".

Possible causes:

1) fuse 4
2) open in brown wire
3) defective main light switch.

cool. thanks for the clarification too. I am kinda retarded. :)

for future searchers, there is a brown wire under the dash which supplies power to the parking lights, tail lights, etc and if it is open, one can have similar symptoms. an alarm install gone bad can lead to this.

I am glad that the headlight switch took care of it though. :nice: