I used a smaller flywheel on the swap what else needs to be changed.

I had to use a smaller flywheel and use a smaller bellhousing what else do I need I need to do before I can race my car. I just went out and bought a daily driver a 96 T-bird with 70k on it for $800 dollars. I now have a toy my stang so Iam going to do what I wanted to do is to go to the track and have some fun. I want to have my car setup the best I can by next Friday because that is my B-day and Iam off of work. I turn the big 19 and I just want to have fun. I hope to get low 9's I ran the car befor and it ran 9.8 with the 3.25 and the C6 in the 1/8 mile speed was 70mph

• Sponsors (?)

who put in the tranny?? You ever put one in before? What flexplate did you use? Smaller bell? Has the car been driving yet?

I have never heard of anyone swapping bellhousings to a smaller bell, unless you are talkin the swap from C6 to C4 but the C6 has an integrated bell. Are you sure you got the right flexplate? The old 289/302 used a 28.8oz balance like the 351. Later model 302's used 50 oz balance but that will not work on your 289. Are you sure you stabbed the converter correctly?

xox is right man. make sure you have the right flex plate . trust me i know im int he same boat right now.. been through alot of flexplates. id make sure you have the right one. because if you dont.. youll have a vibration from hell like me.........beleive me its not fun.

No my car rides smooth now no vibration at all. I put the flywheel in and the tranny. I had a C6 in there which had the big bell housing. I called summit and told the guy I had a 289 with a C6 and I wanted a C4 and told me to get the tranny with the small houing. So I did but the A- HOLE DID NOt know what he was talking about so When I went to go put on the housing it was too big. I got a new flywheel at my work and I think it is the 157tooth. I have driven the car and it is fine rides smooth.

C4's used 2 different flexplates. 157 tooth was the small one and 164 was the big one. Small bell was used in applications like the Mustang II if I remember correctly (or was that 148 tooth?). This combo is suggested if your putting a V8 in a Ranger as it doesn't take up as much room.