• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

I want to improve my 'Stangs handeling

  • Thread starter Thread starter GOLDENPONY
  • Start date Start date Oct 27, 2004

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
1,503
0
36
LOVELAND, OHIO
Oct 27, 2004
#1
  • Oct 27, 2004
  • #1
I am interested in improving the handeling on my 2000 GT 'Vert. I have good tires (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S) and shocks/struts (Edelbrock IAS Performers). I do not race the car and I still want a good ride. A Mustang shop locally suggested installing Eibach springs, I am assuming they were takling about the Sportline springs. Is there anything else I should consider, such as control arms? I also already have installed frame braces and shock tower brace. Any suggestions appreciated.
 

csledd

Official Ovary Punching Member
Founding Member
Aug 18, 2001
1,115
1
0
Paducah, KY
Oct 27, 2004
#2
  • Oct 27, 2004
  • #2
whenever you lower it you'll lose some ride quality, but it does increase the handling alot.. it seems like the more you lower it the more quality you're gonna lose
 

Avenger

New Member
Feb 19, 2002
1,030
0
0
QC
Oct 27, 2004
#3
  • Oct 27, 2004
  • #3
Best suggestion I can give is to develop your own opinion.

Here's some reading material.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com
http://www.griggsracing.com/

http://www.corner-carvers.com/
 
S

SilVert99GT

New Member
Mar 15, 2003
75
0
0
Oct 27, 2004
#4
  • Oct 27, 2004
  • #4
Avenger said:
Best suggestion I can give is to develop your own opinion.

Here's some reading material.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com
http://www.griggsracing.com/

http://www.corner-carvers.com/
Click to expand...

Here's another good article that explains the basics well...
Mustang Suspension Basics
 

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
3,434
2
78
McLean Hospital
Oct 27, 2004
#5
  • Oct 27, 2004
  • #5
ok, you want an improvement? get one of the best things you can. Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar. you'll love it.
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Oct 28, 2004
#6
  • Oct 28, 2004
  • #6
tomustang said:
ok, you want an improvement? get one of the best things you can. Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar. you'll love it.
Click to expand...

I agree with that , check out MRT for their springs too, I have the race set but I think in Ohio you may be better off with the street version they offer.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
605
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
Suspension Harsh Ride
  • PonyGTrider
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3 4
Replies
62
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
Noobz347
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
344
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
352
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
A
SOLD For Sale: 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra Modified
  • anjteal93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
13
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 26, 2025
Mindseye007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?